Getting to know you, January 2022

Corsair

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 13 January 2022:

Seeing as this is the 13th, are you superstitious? [even just fun stuff for grins]

Not a shred. I'm very boringly down to earth.

That said, I'm from a long line of sailors and fishermen, so some things are ingrained in me. The most frequent one is that I will literally seek out wood to knock on, and not phone it in with a knock on my head or whatever. It's probably my main concession to my heritage (that and a mean lobster roll).

• Like 9

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Seeing as this is the 13th, are you superstitious? [even just fun stuff for grins]

"This month Friday the thirteenth fell on a Thursday."...Pogo

While I would like to think that I wasn't superstitious, there are a few superstitions that seem valid. Most of them pertain to baseball...baseball can at times be a pretty spooky game.

• Like 9

On 1/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 6 January, 2022

What is your favorite outdoor activity, and is it seasonally affected?

Kayak fishing/birding

Very much so as it works best when the water is not as hard as it is now.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 11 January 2022

[This is gonna stir things up!]

What's the best cookie? 😈

Chocolate chip, warm

On 1/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 12 January 2022

Coffee, tea, juice or milk, what is by your breakfast plate?

Coffee with cream and sugar

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

No

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Corsair said:

I feel like saying whether I am or not is going to tempt the universe to go against me, and I've got enough problems already... ironically, answering the way in which I did may place me on a side of that answers your question.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Corsair said:

In certain ways and with certain things, I tend to come up with my own most of the time (such as the link between tornado attacks and my beef marinade). Mostly though I just follow the vibe as it were, and something sets off my sense of "this ain't right" I get the elf outta there. Which has on past occasions been extremely useful and I've dodged some bullets that way. On the other end of that, the highly turned nature of the Aquarian nervous system means that occasionally it misfires and I end up getting in a knife fight with a wind sock, under the assumption that it's some bodyless entity attempting to invade the kitchen. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Corsair said:

Nope. When your faith cites as its founder a guy who looks at rocks in a hat for mystical reasons, you don't need superstition. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Corsair said:

I’m not particularly superstitious about the regular stuff. I broke so many mirrors growing up I have bad luck into my 60s, we always opened umbrellas in the house (put them in the tub to dry), and my first cat was black. 

However, I do tend to give people crap about saying negative things that then come to pass. Negative thoughts become negative words, which become negative actions. No thanks! Keep it positive folks!

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 14 January 2022

Have you ever attended school or worked in another State, Province or Country?

I was in the Navy, so Yes to every possible permutation of the question. 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I almost answered "No", because for most of my life, every school I've attended or job I worked has been in the state of Oregon.  But then I remembered that for the first six years of my life, my parents lived just across the Columbia river in Washington state.  So, I guess that kindergarten and first grade count? 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Except for a short stint in the Pittsburgh, PA area I have always lived, worked and been educated in Ohio. I know that sounds kind of boring on paper. But I've developed a deep appreciation for this state and its people as a result. From the mutants on the east side of Toledo all the way down to the hillbillies on the Appalachian plateau, I've met good and interesting folks. And it's been quite an honor working on preserving as much of the beauty of the state as I can on their behalf.

• Like 10