Corsair

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2022 at 3:34 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 15 and 16 January 2022 [wow, halfway into the New Year already]

Do you have anything stuck to your fridge? And if so, what?

No and Yes.
I do not have anything stuck to the fridge.  But there are many things stuck to the fridge: *goes and looks* magnets from my wife's travels, photos of my wife's family and friends, assorted cat related magnets, and the chores list.

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 17 January, 2022:

If you lost all your minis, what would be the first you would replace?

I know those words, but that sentence doesn't make sense.....

But seriously,  I'd probably start with replacing the house, as nothing short of the complete destruction of the house would manage to get ALL of my minis.

After that I'd likely start buying Star Wars Legion lots, since I actually play that.

Beyond that I'd be getting a new PC (presumably it went up in the fire too) and a couple of new printers and would likely mostly stick to printing minis.

Not sure what else I'd get, possibly replace my Battletech and/or CAV, oh and at least get the Monster from Kids Logic again from Robotech.

Anything fantasy would likely be random stuff I see in the store that looks fun or anything I might need if I actually start playing an in person game again.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

All things considered, I would not replace them.  I mostly paint minis to relax, and once I’ve painted one, I’m not too interested in painting the same one again.

Instead, I would take the hobby in a different direction.  I’d use it as an opportunity to buy into a new game system, or finally buy that 3D printer that I’ve been holding back on because I’ve too many minis.

As for the old minis I’ve painted, I have my photographs…

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Like a few other Folk, I wouldn't replace anything. I don't think of myself as a collector & it has been too long since last I played a game of any sort to consider myself a gamer. I enjoy creating things. SO I would just take the opportunity to move on to doing new stuff & probably take a different take on the stuff I make.

• Like 10

On 1/15/2022 at 2:34 AM, Corsair said:

The kitchen fridge is currently stripped down in anticipation of some major rearranging of that room in the coming weeks and months. But my beer fridge in the hobby area is covered in stickers and a bunch of magnets a friend made...

IMG_20220115_163604230_HDR_2.thumb.jpg.093988d27b09fa422e5f2288c85a6416.jpg

This guy. I've lost nearly all my minis before. It stinks, but you get over it. The mini in question, Human Fighter: Denethorr, has ended up on the table as the villain in so many campaigns over the last couple of decades that my group has a nickname for him that I can't repeat here. He's died in numerous ways during that time. Games wouldn't be the same if he wasn't around to dramatically reveal his evil plans and maybe take out a few good guys while doing it.

• Like 12

On 1/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 14 January 2022

Have you ever attended school or worked in another State, Province or Country?

Yes. Dad's job took him to Berlin, Germany for the last two years of high school. I graduated from the JFK School, which used to be the school for the US Army families during the Cold War and the Berlin Wall. (During that time, it was billed as a German-American school, as it also admitted German students as well, and taught both the American diploma and German Abitur systems, and everyone took English and German classes. I went there post-Cold War, and it was billed as an international school.)

On 1/15/2022 at 2:34 AM, Corsair said:

Yes, pictures of furry four-legged companions who have crossed over the rainbow bridge. They are gone, but never forgotten. An assortment of magnets to hold them up.

• Like 12

I'm not sure I would remember what I had in any great detail, or have the desire to replace any of them.  A lot are so old they can't be replaced.  I'm not emotionally attached to any specific models, although the loss would be depressing. Probably start with a handful of character figures for whatever game my group is currently playing, assuming we're able to gather in person. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 12

I could replace a good portion of it, but the ones I'd want to start with I couldn't. I buy a lot from various vendors, and many of them have gone away. I'd be heartbroken.

Possibly say screw it and buy a 3d printer instead.

• Like 12

Right now it would be the Stargrave minis because our RPG now is GURPS Expanse.  Just after that would be my Wild West minis.  That would be very expensive to replace.  Over 600 minis that includes ~90 horses, ~45 cattle.  Most are not made anymore.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

First off, why would you suggest such a thing?  Second, I would question what I had done to anger Mrs. Rahz (apparently if I ever did anything THAT bad I would find my painted models and any others she can find in the largest pot on the stove filled with Windex...  When I suggested they might not fit, she countered with "oh they would").  

Honestly though, assuming minis are gone but STLs are still there, I'd just print more.  If it's all gone, I'd likely be on the lookout for something that really made me go Ooooh and go from there.  

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dark Question, ::(: very Dark Question :unsure: 

49 minutes ago, Rahz said:

First off, why would you suggest such a thing?

This ^ this ^ this. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Corsair said:

I wouldn't replace very many of my GW LoTR minis, I don't game with them and really don't enjoy painting them that much anymore. Probably the Rohan faction from that set, since I still like painting horses. Mostly my Reaper monsters and my Egyptian things from different manufacturers. I enjoy painting those and have plans to use them in at least 3 different games. 

• Like 7