Corsair

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 25 January 2022

When you have ribs, do you prefer pork or beef?

Not a clue. 

Whatever Tony Roma's gives me when I'm all "give me a plate of ribs" which isn't all that often, doubly so due to them closing half the locations in town (and apparently only keeping the terrible ones...) 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Don't eat a lot of meat these days, but when I did it was pork ribs for preference. I wouldn't have turned down beef ribs though. Man, this question has kind of got me craving ribs. I'm stopping by a happy hour thing for a colleague that's retiring tomorrow and they have a rib joint next to them. I may have to get just a little bit of ribs on the way out.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

I don't often see beef ribs these days.  The last time I had them 10+ years ago I was not impressed.  Would not turn down a chance to try them again.  When I do ribs at home it's always pork.  I think the extra fattiness in the meat is what helps keep them tender during the long cooking process.  Always order pork if we get them from the restaurant, too. 

IMO ribs should taste good without sauce. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 2January 2022

Beef, I guess. 

I so rarely have ribs (it has been over a year, maybe two or three) that I doubt I could tell the difference. I mean they’d be covered in BBQ sauce if I was having ribs—they would taste like sauce. 

Counter Query for Quizzler: Do you need to get a grand-kidlet to fix your calendar app 😄 ??

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

I'll take a triple order of both please. As long as they are smoked low & slow. 🤤

That sounds pretty good. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, TripleH said:
2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Would not turn down a chance to try them again. 

Maybe we could convince @Chaoswolf to take us to a good place for some during ReaperCon this year. 

I guess that means I'll need to start trying some of the local rib places, then...

• Like 9