Getting to know you, January 2022

Corsair

19 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 6 January, 2022

What is your favorite outdoor activity, and is it seasonally affected?

I like marshaling racecars and race bikes. Due to our climate this is pretty much limited to May-Oct, so very seasonally affected. 

Some of the bike guys did get out ice racing last year, but a) it was completely unofficial, and b) I don't want to be anywhere near a bike crashing with a couple of hundred spikes in the tires while out on a pond/lake with no protection/barricades..

• Like 10

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hiking ( preferably with my girl)

Citytrips

Walking Brutus

It should not be too hot or cold, not pouring rain or something like that, but otherwise the season doesn't matter.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

I don't really have one. I really only like being outside during spring or fall, temperatures are just right. Some of the activities I like to do could be done outdoors, but I don't really have access to outdoor venues for them (swimming, rock climbing) and I'm getting too old and racking up too many health issues to keep doing most of them.

My Murtaugh List is getting longer with each birthday (Riggs, I'm too old for this broccoli...).

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 7 January 2022

Did you have to exchange/return any Christmas gifts this year?

Melissa got me a pair of fleece lined moccasin slippers that were too narrow. She will be exchanging them for a wider pair.

As I have gotten older (than dirt), I noticed that I lost a couple of inches in height & my feet have gotten wider. I believe I am melting. Eventually, should I live to be old enough, I will be about 4'6" & my feet will be circular pizza sized appendages.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

54 minutes ago, Corsair said:

No, usually nobody has to we make wish lists and add links to the desired items to help each other choose something and we know each other well enough to buy stuff that is not on the lists but is still something the person getting it wants.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Corsair said:

We skipped the whole Christmas thing to take a vacation this year. And having not done any gift exchanging this year we don't have to worry about any gift returning! I swear, if I can get the rest of my family on board I'm going to cut out this whole buying gifts thing and reduce the amount of work/stress we have to put up with during the holidays. 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Corsair said:

No, I was careful and thoughtful, and selected all my gifts so I got exactly what I wanted. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

No.

For years I've simply asked people how much they wanted to spend, brought the stuff I wanted, and then given it to them to give to me at Christmas.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

38 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

No, usually nobody has to we make wish lists and add links to the desired items to help each other choose something and we know each other well enough to buy stuff that is not on the lists but is still something the person getting it wants.

No, and the reason why is that we do the same thing. ^^^^^

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

I wanted a pair of heavy-knit socks to pad my feet for long walks; instead I got a pair of thermal socks, the kind lined with fleece that sheds and balls up and you have to throw away in four months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5