The Big Fat Quiz Throughout the Year 2022

ManvsMini

2 points. 133 total.

The iron ring was a given for me as I wore one, then lost it. Then inherited my late father's one. And lost than one too. Losing that ring is surprisingly common among engineers. Pinky fingers aren't made to bare rings). I'm glad that they aren't made of precious metals.

I was so sure Zorro's horse was called "Tempest". But I think it was only in the Filmation cartoon.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answers for questions 241-247.

Question 241: What happens when you roll three consecutive doubles in a game of Monopoly?

Answer:

Spoiler

You go to jail. Directly to jail. You do not pass "Go", you do not collect 200.

Question 242: The diameter of an atom is measured in which units?

Answer:

Spoiler

Angstroms. The unit symbol is Å (a letter in the Swedish alphabet), and one angstrom is equivalent to 10−10 meters. Frankly, any distance could be measured in meters, but since we're dealing with very small distances, you don't get credit if you said "meters" unless you have the proper 10-10 factor as well.

Question 243: The Kármán Line is an attempt to represent what boundary?

Answer:

Spoiler

The edge of the earth's atmosphere and outer space. International law doesn't define the edge of space, but most regulating bodies for aeronautics try to define it to roughly 100 km/62 miles above the Earth's mean sea level. For reference, the International Space Station is around 400 km/255 miles above the mean sea level.

Question 244: What is the longest muscle in the human body?

Answer:

Spoiler

Sartorius. My anatomy instructor's favorite muscle, so I'll always remember it. In non-anatomical terms, it runs from the from of your hip down across your thigh heading inwards to stop at the inner top portion of your tibia (right below your knee on the inside of your leg). It helps you flex, abduct and laterally rotate your hip, and also flex (bend) your knee.

Question 245: What iPod model was the first without a screen or trademark click wheel?

Answer:

Spoiler

The iPod Shuffle. No screen, and while it looked like it had the click wheel, it didn't spin at all, it was just there for appearance; you just clicked the buttons.

Question 246: What type of legal defense is derived from the Latin word meaning "elsewhere"?

Answer:

Spoiler

Alibi. If you were somewhere else, you couldn't possibly have done it, could you?

Question 247: The Arc de Triomphe is to Paris as the Brandenburg Gate is to what other European capital city?

Answer:

Spoiler

Berlin, Germany. A lovely sight to behold, as is the Arc de Triomphe.

So seven questions makes for a further seven points. Current possible total is now 254.

Question 248 will be included in the next round's queries.

• Like 3