Sonic Mini 8K: a Running Review

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Elegoo makes a under the hood air filter add in. I'm curious on if those work

They work great!  At pushing the resin smell into the room you're in...  I have a Mars 2 Pro, I disabled that and instead put in a Nevermore Resin, because it actually filters. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

They work great!  At pushing the resin smell into the room you're in...  I have a Mars 2 Pro, I disabled that and instead put in a Nevermore Resin, because it actually filters. 

Is it this?

61iwk4qvi9L._AC_SX679_.jpg

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

Is it this?

61iwk4qvi9L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Those I've heard mixed reviews on.  I'm referring specifically to the "air filter" that's built into the Mars 2 Pro, and is built into the bottom half of the printer.  I'd argue it's borderline useless, since all it does is basically push the resin smell into the room the printer's running in...

• Like 1

Seconding that the build in air filters are generally rubbish, I disabled the one on my Photon too.  The under hood add on filters tend to get positive reviews, until it comes time to replace the cartridge and folks realize that ELEGOO doesn't sell one.....

As for youtube resources - Uncle Jesse, 3dPrintingPro, and 3d Printed Tabletop are all great channels.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:12 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

What is a Nevermore Resin?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

What is a Nevermore Resin?

It's a derivative of the Nevermore air ciculator and VOC filter. 

https://github.com/nevermore3d

Uses activated carbon and does a good job of moving the air around, and filtering out the smell.  Makes things a lot easier for hubby, although naturally a small amount of the smell still escapes when you open the lid if there's any uncured liquid resin left in the vat.