Hercules Drop Ships

ladystorm

We ran a CAV scenario that used these two dropships.

It took me about 2 weeks worth of evening TV time to get them constructed. The high humidity hurt the paint jobs, the blue one is still tacky. ::(: I'll tackle it in a few weeks when the weather mellows out. I skipped the dullcote for that reason too.

The grey is the Alpha model, I followed the directions to the letter, except I grabbed the wrong size tubing for the hinges. They work, but I prefer the modifications I made in the Blue, the Beta Model.

herc1.jpg

herc2.jpg

herc3.jpg

Something I liked and wish to share, I used silk pins (sewing straight pins) as rivets on both ships to not only look cool, but to hold some higher impact parts together. I started using them to hold the parts together while the glue dried and they just were so nifty. ::): I put door knobs on all bay doors out of straight pins as well.

the third model, mine, is sitting on the work desk upstairs. She'll be green and a bit more Mitso-Tao-esque in her lines. The Grey I gave to the teen and hubby gets the blue.

cher :blush:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they did survive nicely. but these pics were actually taken before the trip. Can you guess life has been crazy?

I inherited a pair of large hard side, not rolling suitcases. The smaller held the pair, wrapped in bubble wrap, and gave them that extra protection forom the baggage handlers.

cher

....and LED landing Lights. OOOhh, and a search light, and Definitely something in the Radio Controlled Department so that they land themselves.... and.......

:B):::D::lol:::P::B):

Those Look Awesome Cher!! :wub:

I have built one( Gave it to Chaos, so he will have to post a Pic after Paint) and can appreciate the time to build....... :ph34r:

And Check out the Props on the other board!

Tim