Work Areas

mrbuddylee

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BP

That is one clean working area, I trust it is usually looking a bit more active.

Heh. Yeah. I cleaned it up for the picture. Not sure why; guess it's years of being forced to clean up the house when company's coming over or something like that. My Momma didn't raise no dummy. :lol:

I need to take an updated shot. I've added a couple of things and expanded slightly but it's the same general setup. I'll put it this way, the paint table is getting more use than the weight lifting set next to it is these days... <_<

Well since Herr O has just posted his and provided me with a link to this thread AND Kellyn asked me what my paint station looks like I have decided to post it.

Nice and messy, I know exactly where everything is (NOT)!!!!!! Paul and I share this space and it just gets moved off the coffee table when we have guests. Unless they paint to, then we just try to clear a space for them! LOL

Cheers,

Julie

post-3-1079297248.jpg

The first one was just a table, I'm not sure what the second one is.

It was in my Grandparents basement for ages (as long as I can remember). It does have pull out drawers for more flat surface area (although I rarely use them). It looks like it used to be a roll up desk that had the top part removed (the part that made it a roll up). The plastic cover that (I'm sure) my Grandfather put over it makes it nice to work on.

heh, I'm so jealous of all the space (and paints, and minis!) you guys have.

I paint on the floor of my b/f's dark basement suite (one tiny window, and two soft orangey lights, which are obscured by beams in the celing!)

I have a small cardboard filing box (8.5"x11" and about 5" deep) half filled with a small selection of paint, and I use the lid as my painting surface.

But I gues that's what you get when you started painting in highschool, gave it up for a couple of years, then suddenly started again.

When I move, I'm planning on setting up a larger (and certainly better lit) work area for myself.

I currently only buy a handfull of minis every couple of months to paint for fun, and sometimes use for gaming. And I just started painting one per week for my FLGS in lieu of the small gaming fee, so I don't really need anything on the scale of what you guys have (yet!)

Well, there's a good use for all that swag - a paint rack. I like the Brick and Board support for it, too; gives lots of room for WIP, etc.

After looking at this thread, I made some changes to my work area. I was crammed into a tiny wooden desk with a drafting table sitting unused right next to it. So I cleared off the drafting table and moved my painting stuff over there. That leaves the small wooden desk for assembly, filing, etc.

A lot of my painting stuff stays in my tacklebox and comes out for use when needed. So you won't see a lot of paint pots on my desk; they are in a removable tray in my tacklebox. Since I take stuff out to the painting clinic every weekend, it seems pointless to completely unpack in between.

I kind of doubt I'll post pictures, my room is a disaster. Maybe if I removed the bed, I'd have more room for painting.... :lol:

heh, I'm so jealous of all the space (and paints, and minis!) you guys have.

I paint on the floor of my b/f's dark basement suite (one tiny window, and two soft orangey lights, which are obscured by beams in the celing!)

I have a small cardboard filing box (8.5"x11" and about 5" deep) half filled with a small selection of paint, and I use the lid as my painting surface.

But I gues that's what you get when you started painting in highschool, gave it up for a couple of years, then suddenly started again.

When I move, I'm planning on setting up a larger (and certainly better lit) work area for myself.

I currently only buy a handfull of minis every couple of months to paint for fun, and sometimes use for gaming. And I just started painting one per week for my FLGS in lieu of the small gaming fee, so I don't really need anything on the scale of what you guys have (yet!)

Hey, Chas, you might check on a sewing desk at WalMart. It has nice cubbies underneath, and a leaf you can raise to add space. I was thinking about this myself, but I don't have room in my bedroom. Maybe when I get my own house. :wub:

Also, if you really hate the lights, wally-world has nice little desk lamps for about $5. Be careful with them, though - the stupid bulbs cost about $2.50.

I went last night, trying to find another lighted magnifying lamp like the one I got for under $20 - no such luck. :grr: I hate that - you find something you really like, and you can never find it again.

Whiz, I wanted to ask this earlier but did not know how, HOW CAN YOU PAINT ON A BATTLE MAT!!!!!?

::D: She's super old. Her edges are frayed and coming apart. She's been rolled and unrolled so many times that her surface is porous and traps ink, even the erasable kind. I'd have thrown her out, but she's my first <*sniff*>, and I just couldn't bear the thought of it. That mat has got to be twenty years old or more. She served the battlefield well and now sits with me during her retirement, watching me paint up new troops to send to the slaughter. She's happy, I assure you. ::D:

Besides, I needed something to keep my shiny table clean! :;):

Geez, Whiz.

You are also a bit of a poet, Uh? :poke: