Work Areas

mrbuddylee

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my baby, Spook. Everyone, Spook. Spooky, everyone. Not so baby, really, but he's my youngest. *grin* I believe he's looking at my eldest, Colin, who was slowly rotating on the desk chair that Frosch had just jumped out of to take the picture.

I like my crafty spot. Mmmmmm..... Paint..... *bask*

Edit: Erm. I mean our crafty spot. Yeah. Our. *heh*

Jess

I often see tips on converting the area under the stairs into a painting area and I started thinking (Always a bad idea) about other ways of getting a dedicated painting area.

So, I'm prout to unveil... my painting shed ::D:

http://www.lightningstorm.co.uk/shed

If anyone has any ideas of things I could add or other things that are used besides under the stairs / kitchen table / shed I would be interested. They don't have to be sensible ideas :poke:

A shed is cool! That's almost better than a basement dungeon. Such a thing would cost a fotune here thoguh, as you would have to heat it and ensure it's insulated. (It gets cold up here!)

Wouldn't it tend to get rather hot in said shed though? Especially with all the PC equipment in there?

Such a thing would cost a fotune here thoguh, as you would have to heat it and ensure it's insulated. (It gets cold up here!)

Wouldn't it tend to get rather hot in said shed though? Especially with all the PC equipment in there?

Well, the computers provide most of the heat needed during the winter... in addition I have a small 2Kw fan heater.

I've been in the shed for an afternoon & evening at -5 and was very comfortable.

In the summer the air-con is set to 16C and is on all the time so regulating the temperature isn't an issue ::):

There would be nothing stopping you from packing the thing out with the foam stuff with the foil backing and then either applying some thin(ish) MDF or plaster board over it... I guess you would loose a little internal volume but it'd be very warm!

Those GW packs are old.

Now we just need to ween you off the GW paints and onto some decent ones.

Nice shed though.

Stuart

The GW packs are from 1985 & 1987... I'm still in two minds to open them or put them into the loft. Unopened for nearly 20 years :blink:

GW paints are ok... They may not be as good as some others but better the devil you know. Besides, I only found somewhere that sells Vallejo last week, I've never tried them before and I've decided to let my GW paint run out before I do.

I just started painting again after a 11 year break and everything's changed, i'm playing serious catch up here ::(:

Well if you need help on where to get stuff ask I know the UK market failry well. Are you going to Salute next weekend ? (24th April)

Stuart

Thanks for the offer... I have been trying to find some extender for a little while now. I never used to use it and I was thinking about giving it a go. If you could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

What's Salute then?