Work Areas

mrbuddylee

I used to organize just like you, flynn. I got tired of looking thru boxes and got a peg bord myself. I think Darkrelease's is bigger than mine though. Mine is 2 x 3.5 feet also with 6 inch pegs and is almost completly filled up! :lol: That's just the stuff still in blisters though. I keep all my stuff in blisters untill it is ready to paint. I have some stuff that is out of the blister or box sets that are still in boxes. I don't like boxes. I can't see my pretty minis that way. :down:

The peg board takes up much less space too. I hung mine on the wall under my painting table. It is a great use of otherwise wasted space. ^_^

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at my computer desk - I don't dare take a picture of it. It truely is amazing to see, though. You see, I'm a computer gamer, game developer, anime fan, plastic model builder, wargamer, and miniature painter (obviously)... so my desk is covered with stuff from all of those interests (in addition to a penguin beany baby... don't ask)

I keep my paints in two boxes (one holds paint pots, one holds dripper bottles), but I will soon have to expand to larger boxes or something... beside my monitor, I have two large speakers, one on either side. On my left side, I keep my in progress figures (this obviously tells you that I don't have nearly as many figures as alot of people). And on my right, I display my finished figures.

Okay... I happened to be up there taking some pictures of my most recent finished mini, so I snapped these off as well....

I have my work space divided into to sections, my paint area, and my assemby/basing/concersion area. I had a bad experience with lead dust and white paint once, so I now keep the two as far apart as possible (well... three feet or so...).

Anywho... here's the painting area. I keep the paint pots on tiers like that so I can see everything I've got at once. I thought about getting revolving paint storage shelves a few times, but I like this setup. Everything's at my fingertips...

dsc02895.jpg

That's not my primary PC sitting there next to the paint shaker (great gift from the wife!) It's an older one I threw a TV tuner card in. That way I've got TV, FM, DVD, MP3s and the forums at my fingertips while I'm painting... heck, with the mini fridge I've got in the other corner, I hardly need to leave at all! (well... cept when the wife bellows)

Here's the assembly space... Everything that I need on the shelves. Basing materials, dremel, various exactos and such... plent of glues and other tools. The little storage cabinet's got bases, greenstuff, bits, etc in it. a great buy! To the right of this area is a little spray box/booth and my airbrush... (Not in frame)

dsc02899.jpg

And, finally, here is the bookshelf that is my painter's shame, and possibly my key to immortality. That's a little over half of my unpainted 'horde' on the shelves.

dsc02898.jpg

Anywho... there's my space. Did I go overboard?

Well, I'll come over and paint. You just have to supply all the Mt. Dew I can drink! :lol: (that's about two 2 liters per day just in case anyone is curious)...

And I threw up my space in an Off Topic thread, but that's just the new area, not the ENTIRE area.

But since you've been at this longer than me, you have to give me time to catch up, Darkrelease! Though I'm trying!

But yes, you are a MINIATURE ADDICT.

Darn proud to know ya!!!

Mine is 2 x 3.5 feet also with 6 inch pegs and is almost completly filled up! :lol: That's just the stuff still in blisters though.  I keep all my stuff in blisters untill it is ready to paint. I have some stuff that is out of the blister or box sets that are still in boxes. I don't like boxes. I can't see my pretty minis that way. :down: 

The wall is about 4 feet by 5 feet in size (on each side) and on wheels for easy movement, and sadly I don't think I've found all my blisters yet, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of more bags lying around somewhere. Also my boxed sets aren't shown in any of these pictures, though all the organizers on the right hand side of my table pic are also filled with minis.