Bones 6 pre-hype discussion

SamuraiJack

Those minis look great and I’m thrilled to hear they are Bones Black!

Can’t say I’m a fan of those chunky, squarish bases though. Luckily all my minis get rebased onto correctly D&D sized sculpted round bases 🙂

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Marc said:

Can’t say I’m a fan of those chunky, squarish bases though. Luckily all my minis get rebased onto correctly D&D sized sculpted round bases

As long as they can fit inside an upside down RPG base, that's easily fixed. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Marc said:

Can’t say I’m a fan of those chunky, squarish bases though. Luckily all my minis get rebased onto correctly D&D sized sculpted round bases 🙂

Also not a fan of those.  Still not decided what I'm going to do about the weird square wood plank bases on the Brinewind minis.  With all the complaints of bases people have had, this just seems like a choice that no one likes (I may be wrong).

I actually DO like the oval bases with the sculpted in rims (no need for me to do anything to the bases). And the broccoli bases are easy enough to integrate with some texture pastes.  But geometric shapes feel so unnatural to blend on to a round base.  Will likely end up having to cut them off, which I'm not a fan of doing.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 4:50 PM, Sylverthorne said:

This is also true, but I have my eye on that chonker they previewed.. 

I admit that just about any of Julie Guthrie's dragons are insta-grabs for me, tho.. if that one isn't one of hers, it still looks pretty good from here. ^^;

it's not a julie guthrie dragon, or at least i highly doubt it. It doesn't look like her style, and she does accurate wings while that one's wings are atrocious

i'll probably still get it, because "Fun dragon to paint", but those wings are something else lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

it's not a julie guthrie dragon, or at least i highly doubt it. It doesn't look like her style, and she does accurate wings while that one's wings are atrocious

i'll probably still get it, because "Fun dragon to paint", but those wings are something else lol!

I'm not a fan of the wings either, but I'm pretty sure that I can modify them to being more my tastes. Love to the T-Rex inspired body, reminds me of this fella from Monster Hunter 

Tigrex.thumb.jpg.726b76471258d91b6be3c3d2eca730ee.jpg

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm not a fan of the wings either, but I'm pretty sure that I can modify them to being more my tastes. Love to the T-Rex inspired body, reminds me of this fella from Monster Hunter 

Tigrex.thumb.jpg.726b76471258d91b6be3c3d2eca730ee.jpg

I'm tempted to just not use the wings. Look at that immense thick body, he would make a great wingless dragon

• Like 2

Good to see some traditional, old-school-style adventurers there, the sorts of characters that wouldn't look out of place in some of those classic Larry Elmore illustrations from the '70s and '80s, for example - we got a few great retro-style adventurers in the "Dungeon Dwellers" expansion, too, and here and there since then.  I don't mind Reaper's more contemporary character designs, but I'd really gotten to miss the old-fashioned costumes, weapons, and character concepts over the years - even when those old character designs crossed over into over-the-top fur bikini territory, there was a sort of restrained dignity to them - they kept things a little simpler back then.....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, charcon said:

If I had an idea/request it would to be look at D&D classic and current popular modules and make the minis for

those. No giant crayfish out there! Lol

Seconded.  I need a giant crayfish for my upcoming T1-4 game.

The Egg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, charcon said:

If I had an idea/request it would to be look at D&D classic and current popular modules and make the minis for

those. No giant crayfish out there! Lol

12 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

Seconded.  I need a giant crayfish for my upcoming T1-4 game.

The Egg

I needed the same creature for my Mouseling/Hommlet adventure I ran at ReaperCon a few years ago. Luckily, Otherworld Miniatures has one in their line up.

we31.jpg

Kinda spendy for what it is thou, so a Bones version would be a nice addition. Heck a themed "old skool" expansion box would make for a neat expansion, or even add it to a Fan Favorite box.

• Like 9