Bones 6 pre-hype discussion

SamuraiJack

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/16/2022 at 2:44 PM, crowsandbones said:

I was a late backer of Bones 5, and purchased quite a bit through the Pledge manager though I came in after some of the items were no longer available and now I must wait to buy what I missed at full retail price....

As far as how it went for me, I got everything except my Ravenholme set (which will ship out with my Bones 5.5 order, I guess they ran out of the intial run). Other than the infamous shipping issues that affected everyone, I got my stuff before I knew what to do with it all. I'll be backing in the early days only to make sure I don't miss out on something I might want real bad. As far as fulfillment goes, I think its likely that Reaper will fulfill with minimal issues and probably those issues will be with getting the items from China on time or shipping to Europe/U.K./Australia. Not every kickstarter I've backed has fulfilled but with Reapers track record, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Thanks

I was more literally curious about the mechanics. I backed Bones 2-5 so don't have concerns about Reaper fulfilling there. More trying to not extend my stay on Kickstarter. I guess I will need to balance a 1$ pledge vs increased costs of late pledge ( I'm not sure if that jump means itll be equal or more than  retaul with duty and shipping). More likely what will affect my decision is a personal decision based on politics that don't really involve Reaper but affect them and that's not really for forum discussion.

Things for the modules like curse of Strahd like Mongrelfolk, a carriage for Strahd carriage, headless horseman, I would also love tribesmen from Chult type people. Even cannibals. Pteramen for ToA.

• Like 5

For some reason when I saw Tales from the Green Griffon, my brain went - Greyhawk. It also seems that shown gnomes, stirges and promotional minis kind of fit that old school game and design style. I can also read way too much into those. However it seems in line with at least a part of wishes of people in this thread and Bones You'd Like to See.
Just had a look through the creatures there. Would love things like bredthralls, gibberlings, grimlocks, jermlaines, losels, quicklings, xvarts. Creatures that are not necessarily immediately aggressive towards PCs.

I would also like to see Dr Moreau based encounter set.

For Fae expansion, that hopefully is in the works, I would really like to see a fae based set of silly goblins (think Labyrinth movie goblins), perhaps some Dark Crystal Gelfling inspired creatures or heroes. Probably just more Brian Froud and\or Iris Compiet inspired minis.

Edited by Minsky07
  • Like 5

I hadn't realized until someone shared on the FB page, that the adventurer pack making the rounds are mostly remakes of classics.  I'm really liking the new Freja:

image.png.61e72b8d94b9851c2dcf145633953eeb.pngimage.thumb.png.5e23e45d5222d27eb21cfd5ad574690d.png

It's funny how they're both wearing what amounts to the same outfit but the new version feels less Boobplatey (despite being as such)

• Like 13

8 hours ago, charcon said:

Things for the modules like curse of Strahd like Mongrelfolk, a carriage for Strahd carriage, headless horseman, I would also love tribesmen from Chult type people. Even cannibals. Pteramen for ToA.

While this is the hype for the Kickstarter, best to put these into the What Bones we'd like to see post. Reaper looks into those for ideas. All good one too, especially the Mongrelfolk. heck even make em modular like the recent pirates or men-at-arms they've put out. Heck, I think I'm gonna go suggest that now. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

Is there anywhere other than the beginning  of this thread with confirmed previews? Not streamed (feel free to mention that foe other people, but I have zero time capability for that).

People have been sharing screengrabs from the streams throughout this thread.  It's probably the most consolidated collection of previews.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Can anyone comment on the historical price increase for late pledges in the pledge manager? I seem to recall a core set going for 125 jumping to 160 in a late pledge? Is that accurate? Trying  to plan and budget.

2 hours ago, lexomatic said:

Can anyone comment on the historical price increase for late pledges in the pledge manager? I seem to recall a core set going for 125 jumping to 160 in a late pledge? Is that accurate? Trying  to plan and budget.

With the exception of big, pricey things (Core Set, both pirate ships), items were +20%, rounded up to a whole dollar.

IIRC, the Core Set jumped from $120 to $156 (+30%), and the grey pirate ship from $100 to $125.

Other than those, $50 expansions became $60, a $6 add-on became $8, etc. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Ok…so after backing every Kickstarter I have the perfect mini to offer! The Stirge!!! My goodness they are expensive on Etsy or eBay! It’s a small mini but they want like 9 bucks or more for one! And when you need a pack of them paying 40 plus dollars not including shipping is nuts so please oh please produce STIRGES!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charcon said:

Ok…so after backing every Kickstarter I have the perfect mini to offer! The Stirge!!! My goodness they are expensive on Etsy or eBay! It’s a small mini but they want like 9 bucks or more for one! And when you need a pack of them paying 40 plus dollars not including shipping is nuts so please oh please produce STIRGES!!!!

They have already previewed stirges on Reaper Live. Pictures were already posted earlier in this thread. 

• Like 5

Looking forward to stirges! Next Level Miniatures had them in their KS, but I already have similar generic fantasy miniatures of their other sculpts.

I checked out Base Boss, but I already have a fair amount of textured bases, and one inconvenience I have with them is that, not only do I not know what I'll need in the future, but I don't like drilling metal miniatures. I prefer textured stamp bases. While the epoxy is still soft, cut the metal miniature's slotted tab so it's not visible in the base, and press the miniature into the epoxy. Done!

Happy Sepukku's inexpensive rubber textured bases were best for my needs, but they're out of business. Basius is expensive and more "luxury" than I need. Mebbe Reaper's flexible white Bones plastic would be good for a simple basic texture stamp. Here's Pinnacle Entertainment's The Goon miniatures using a HS texture stamp and Reaper's Bones base (upside down).

Spoiler

IMG_3743.JPG

• Like 3