Bones 6 pre-hype discussion

SamuraiJack

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Coming in here all tl;dr, so apologies, but any word if they're gonna scrap or rearrange waves this time? I honestly don't even care about when my order ships, but if there's waves I'm gonna feel compelled to try to hop on a first. I know myself all too well lol. And after the cluster this last time that saw my Wave 1 among the last out the door I'm hoping they break it up more broadly or something at least. It'd be significantly cheaper than therapy for me.

Nothing concrete (yet), but there have been rumors to that affect.

For everyone: note that I said RUMORS.    I do not work for Reaper, so do not take that as the gossip gospel truth.

Edited by Chaoswolf
Made a rather humorous typo
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Coming in here all tl;dr, so apologies, but any word if they're gonna scrap or rearrange waves this time? 

I haven't heard many details at all, they only just announced a date a couple weeks ago and have been previewing a few models.  I haven't heard any details like whether or not there will be Waves, or even a Core Set, or how it's going to be arranged, or anything about non-USA shipping. They've been pretty tight lipped and I suspect most of it is still being worked out behind the scenes, along with Reapercon, new releases, the new warehouse, taxes, the store moving, re-labeling all the paints, and re-branding all the Bones minis, etc.  

But, even though the initial KS project will only be 30 days, IMO I expect the pledge manager to stay open through to Labor Day, possibly Christmas so they can get as many people involved as possible.   Get you $1 pledge in and you have months to add $$ to it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fey minis will be nice additions, obviously will be too late for my Witchlight needs thou. :poke:

Looking forward to seeing what else will come about.

• Like 4

Dunno what my annoying incessant request should be this time. Technically, I didn't get the aging rogue last time. But I kinda feel like I should move on to something new. 

Maybe I'll shoot big and beg for an airship. That and a wizard's tower have been the two big terrain pieces on my wishlist.

Edited by Marvin
Weird autocorrect
  • Like 4

I have so many unpainted dragons! And am not impressed by the current design shown (just not my type). So I will need to see how they come along. 

My Hopes and Dreams for this Kickstarter:

• Whimsical fae and fey creatures. (which the previews seem to support being included! Yay!)
  • A wolf pack hunting a deer, add on. 
  • Wuxia and XianXia: cultivators in flowing dresses. Because I really want to paint that floating fabric!
  • Chronoscope add on for Steampunk Victorians.
Edited by DragonWyrm
Fun autocorrupts
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, haldir said:

Fey minis will be nice additions, obviously will be too late for my Witchlight needs thou. :poke:

Looking forward to seeing what else will come about.

Randy, it’s never too late. You just run something fey-themed at ReaperCon!! (Enabled)

21 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm still sitting on almost all of Bones 5, and a fair amount of Bones 4. I'm not sure how excited I actually am about Bones 6 at this point, but we'll see how the reveals pan out. There's good chances I'll back it, though.

Why do we even kid ourselves? You know you’re in, we all know, we’re in. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Well last time I think I said was going to cherry pick stuff, and it certainly didn't work out that way. So, let's swing the pendulum all the way in the other direction: I'm getting 2 of everything!

• Haha 12

9 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

There are gonna be DRAGONS! We all know there is no resisting the power of DRAGON!.

That'll depend on the dragons. I think I've got most, if not all, of my Chromatic dragons covered already, so I may not really have to buy any more. Unless I decide to replace some older ones, that is.

• Like 2

When I feel bad about all of my unpainted stuff, I have to remind myself that I still find use and happiness out of the unpainted ones.  Recently unloaded most of my unpainted stuff into my display cases so that they'd be more readily accessible during games and so I didn't feel like I was hiding any "shame"

So whether I barely paint any of my older stuff, I'll definitely be getting plenty from Bones 6

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MoonglowMinis said:

When I feel bad about all of my unpainted stuff, I have to remind myself that I still find use and happiness out of the unpainted ones.  Recently unloaded most of my unpainted stuff into my display cases so that they'd be more readily accessible during games and so I didn't feel like I was hiding any "shame"

So whether I barely paint any of my older stuff, I'll definitely be getting plenty from Bones 6

I can barely fit my painted minis in my display, let alone my unpainted minis.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:
1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

There are gonna be DRAGONS! We all know there is no resisting the power of DRAGON!.

That'll depend on the dragons. I think I've got most, if not all, of my Chromatic dragons covered already, so I may not really have to buy any more. Unless I decide to replace some older ones, that is.

This is also true, but I have my eye on that chonker they previewed.. 

I admit that just about any of Julie Guthrie's dragons are insta-grabs for me, tho.. if that one isn't one of hers, it still looks pretty good from here. ^^;

• Like 4