60027, Dorella Kreeg and 07031, Giant Rat familiar

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello there all your Bones 6 supporting Reaperodytes!

So I've been pretty busy since my last finished mini, and I went to Mexico for 11 days to visit my wife's family and to do a bit of vacationing, so I've been been finishing minis as quickly as I've wanted to, but things are slowly going back to normal so I've got a couple minis that I just finished.  Being these were a set of four too means I wanted to work on them all together.

So here are Ral Partha's Shadowrun Blood Mages, I think sculpted in the second half of the nineties(?) by Dave Summers.

They are kind of loosely based on Mexican/Aztec colors, even though the axe wielder I thought originally looked more oriental. As I was actually able to see his little mustache though, it reminded me kind of Cantinflas, but that was after I'd already gave him a more Asian instead of Native American hue and I just kept going on from there.

So I took these all this afternoon with my iPhone, because after seeing the photos I took from my normal camera they were kind of dark photos (in all fairness though it was a cloudy day with very blah light) and the iPhone versions were quite a lot more vibrant.  I may though wait for another sunny day and retake photos with my other camera.

These were actually some very fun figures to paint. With all the feathers I was able to use a lot more colors than I probably would have put on a single figure and I still don't feel the colors are too much. You might have a different opinion, and if so, please let me know. I'd love to hear what you think!

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy!

• By Rob Dean
      I finished up the two figures on the left this weekend, and the other one last month (although I didn’t post a picture at the time).

They are the three members of a package originally sold by Ral Partha as 02-946, Champions, from the “All Things Dark and Dangerous” range sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

I don’t especially need more fighters to support my hypothetical D&D game, but I had them on hand and primed them near the start of the pandemic.  I won them in an Ironwind sponsored round of the speed painting competitions at Gencon a couple of years back.

• By Nial ap Morai
      Finished the Gray Maiden with all MSP paints.  Base done with vallejo white stone diorama effects.  Then the red stone triad, brown wash, burnt orange, …

• By jwitham75
      Black jack painted up as a spellcasting rogue, hence the osl effect on the outstretched hand.
      Painted 90% with oils. Much easier to learn with them when it is essentially monochrome and you can just focus on light and shadow.

• By Guyra
      So here's another Kingpin of Dunkeldorf mini! This is "Martha, the Ogre Mercenary". She took me close to 20 hours to paint up using mostly Reaper and AK paints.

Made a painting video of the process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTUvlRK6yc

PAINTS