Marvel Zombies - A Zombicide Game

zemjw

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the two box format, but as a lifelong Marvel fan (and I dig Zombicide), I'm in. So many great sculpts in the box...except those dopey tanks. Definitely going to have to proxy in something less ridiculous.

And I play KDM with Zombicide minis, so I do have tolerance for ridiculous 😄 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Massive Darkness 2?  Late.

Trudvang?  Much later.

Pass on anything CMON until I get those in.

At this point, if being late (from a company that has been delivering consistent quality projects for almost a decade) is a deal-breaker, I don't know why you're still doing KS. I personally prefer companies to push past fake deadlines and take the time it takes (my utter love for KDM is proof enough of that).

I have zero worries about MD2 coming in and being awesome (I like MD best of all the CMoN miniature games thus far). CMoN isn't exactly Low Life or Imbrian, nor even a Mierce.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CashWiley said:

At this point, if being late (from a company that has been delivering consistent quality projects for almost a decade) is a deal-breaker, I don't know why you're still doing KS. I personally prefer companies to push past fake deadlines and take the time it takes (my utter love for KDM is proof enough of that).

I have zero worries about MD2 coming in and being awesome (I like MD best of all the CMoN miniature games thus far). CMoN isn't exactly Low Life or Imbrian, nor even a Mierce.

There's a difference between being a month late, six months late, and over a year late.   Trudvang was supposed to be delivered December 2020.

• Like 1

And? Setting aside a 2-year-and-counting global pandemic that has disrupted all production and shipping worldwide.... Wouldn't you rather have a product that is more likely to be finished with some level of polished, rather than shoved out the door to appease some completely fabricated and meaningless "deadline" that was an educated guess at best?

How much more upset would you be with a half-baked and error-filled product? Hey, at least it was on time!

Also, every company I named in my post, both good and bad, are years late. Plural.

• Like 1

I backed the Star Realms Deluxe Kickstarter. That was meant to deliver in November 2020. However, it has been very clear that they're taking their time to ensure that the product meets the deluxe vision they had for the product, which has meant several things have needed to go back and forth through several iterations with the manufacturer to get them right.

I'm disappointed the product will be 18 months late, but the creators have been very transparent about everything and have shown us backers exactly what was wrong, how it was wrong and how it would be fixed. As a result, I've never felt like they were stalling or worried that they wouldn't deliver and would prefer they keep working through everything to deliver the best product possible.

• Like 1

I'm in on this one, even though I don't often get CMoN ones.

I'm backing it through my FLGS, so should save on some shipping.  And since I know the store is in on it (and at least one of the store owners has been talking about this for a few months now) I know local folks will be playing at the store, which is a big bonus.

• Like 1

I'm not a CMON backer either, but I enjoyed my friend's copy of Zombicide - Black Plague and I'm a sucker for super hero stuff, so I'm in.  

Not Galactus though.  That's a bit much for me.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think they delay these to perfect the games, they do it because they get one shot at printing and casting it all and putting it on boats and they won't do that at a time when they will lose money, or at least not make enough money, because of increased costs. 

This is turning my head but don't think I need half of the collection to comprise famous zombies.