What happened to Anthanelle?

So I was buying figures and needed to add a couple more things to qualify for free shipping, so I thought I would add one of my new favorites Anthanelle. Metal number was 7028, Bones was 44008. Now I don't think the bones version had been released to retail yet, but I know the metal one had been on the website. Anyone know what happened with that figure?

• Like 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the 70xx numbers were the monthly "free with purchase" figures from the Dungeon Dwellers promos.  Then they became part of the kickstarter.  Some of those figures are being re-packaged and re-numbered, so maybe they're not on the site right now. I dunno, really.  I can find pics of her in Bones Black packaging which would indicate she went to retail sometime in 2020. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Humansquish said:

So I was buying figures and needed to add a couple more things to qualify for free shipping, so I thought I would add one of my new favorites Anthanelle. Metal number was 7028, Bones was 44008. Now I don't think the bones version had been released to retail yet, but I know the metal one had been on the website. Anyone know what happened with that figure?

You might need to go hunting there, several things have been renamed recently (Such as the Anhurian Cavalry and a good chunk of the bones versions of warlord minis) so there might be a name change to something generic

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tasine said:

Dungeon Dwellers line will be one of the new plastic lines coming.  So we moved the old Dungeon Dwellers to DHL line. Anthanelle is now 4086.  https://www.reapermini.com/search/antha/latest/04086

Searching that number yields no results and the link goes to other minis that are not Anthanelle. Searching her name also yields 0 results.

• Thanks 1

https://www.reapermini.com/previews look under February, "Dark Heaven Legends" almost at the bottom.

What we do know, is that the vast majority of Bones 5 will probably not be released as is to retail, but might be redone in Bones USA before release. It looks like Reaper is trying to reduce their dependency on China (and the enormous hassle and cost of getting anything shipped from China) by rethinking all their releases, and rather then need to reorder from China they will make them in house. 

However...these releases look like they are in metal, not in the new "legends" line that is Bones USA. So why are these already released models slated as new releases? (and moved to where they are neither searchable nor orderable on the website?)

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sister Hazel, Plague Doctor (formerly 07017) is also not appearing in any search. Neither is her male counterpart. The only plague doctor that comes up in a word search is the Chronoscope one. I suspect there are going to be many others missing. The last time there was a revamp like this (at least on the store), plenty of older minis vanished from the lists, never to return, especially amongst the original army packages. I was able to get a couple singles whose names I was sure-of added back with the help of the friendly admins, but there are many minis I remember, but not their names, and can now no longer find.

I guess it's just the downside to having such an extensive catalog.

Edited by Bruunwald
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

Sister Hazel, Plague Doctor (formerly 07017) is also not appearing in any search. Neither is her male counterpart. The only plague doctor that comes up in a word search is the Chronoscope one. I suspect there are going to be many others missing. The last time there was a revamp like this (at least on the store), plenty of older minis vanished from the lists, never to return, especially amongst the original army packages. I was able to get a couple singles whose names I was sure-of added back with the help of the friendly admins, but there are many minis I remember, but not their names, and can now no longer find.

I guess it's just the downside to having such an extensive catalog.

These figures can be found in the previews section waiting for re-release under their new sku numbers, as indicated above by Tasine (who is a Reaper employee). Sister Hazel, specifically, is slated to become 04075 and Brother Lazarus will be 04082. They are being moved to Bones USA, not removed from the catalogue. Listed below their names on the Preview section, you can see that there is a date of 2/7/2022 (for these 2 specific figures, other figures may have a different release date,) which indicates their expected re-release in Bones USA.

More information on the re-releasing of the Dungeon Dwellers line into Bones USA is linked on the main page, or can be found here: https://www.reapermini.com/bonesusa 

Specifically this section covers the figures being asked about:

The #7000 Dungeon Dwellers line will focus on fantasy figures and compliment the new Dungeon Dweller adventures we've been posting on reapermini.com. All new and future models in this range will be in Bones USA, and all existing models currently in metal in Dungeon Dwellers (07001-07031) will eventually transition to Bones USA later in 2022.

Both Reaper Legends and Dungeon Dwellers will feature brand new miniatures from your favorite artists, as well as existing miniatures from the Dark Heaven, Chronoscope, and Warlord metal miniatures ranges.

Please go to the above link and read the page fully, I think this will help to explain the changes y'all have noticed. This same information was also sent out in the January 2022 newsletter, which Jon posted in its entirety here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/97920-january-newsletter-1172022/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

These figures can be found in the previews section waiting for re-release under their new sku numbers, as indicated above by Tasine (who is a Reaper employee). Sister Hazel, specifically, is slated to become 04075 and Brother Lazarus will be 04082. They are being moved to Bones USA, not removed from the catalogue. Listed below their names on the Preview section, you can see that there is a date of 2/7/2022 (for these 2 specific figures, other figures may have a different release date,) which indicates their expected re-release in Bones USA.

More information on the re-releasing of the Dungeon Dwellers line into Bones USA is linked on the main page, or can be found here: https://www.reapermini.com/bonesusa 

Specifically this section covers the figures being asked about:

Please go to the above link and read the page fully, I think this will help to explain the changes y'all have noticed. This same information was also sent out in the January 2022 newsletter, which Jon posted in its entirety here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/97920-january-newsletter-1172022/

Oddly, I did not receive the newsletter. I think I might have fallen off that roll at some point. I did read the info posted to the main page, but to be fair it does not go into enough detail to understand how to locate any missing skus, and it also has language that makes it seem as if we shouldn't worry about metal going away until the end of 2022 (implying that at that time, it will). I don't think that's what it means, but a casual reader could walk away easily with that impression. Might want to tighten that language up.

Now I know to read through all the previews (it was reaaaaaally long the last time I went into it), I will go there to try to find stuff. Thanks!

• Thanks 1