Bones 5 space princess

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Grand Slam
      I've been working on this guy for the better part of a month and just finished him tonight. He was a blast to paint, and I'm pretty happy with the finished product. The green wrappings could have probably used some more intense highlighting, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

Initially, I wasn't a big fan of the vultures (I put them off until the very last phase of painting). But, one I got some paint in them, they grew on me.

• By R2ED
      I haven't posted a piece in the showoff area in a long while.  I mostly put my work in that paint club group, but this one was special and i wanted to share. 

I had this figure staring at me and didn't have a theme in my mind.  Then it hit me that she for perfectly for this conflict in Ukraine.  She's holding her sword up as if the last line of defense.  I created the small base with the fallen shield representing the broken boundaries and fallen defenders.  But atop her hill that represents her country, she calls for aid and stands strong.  May they all stand strong. 

Lady Vigilance and her call to arms. 

• By Evilhalfling
      From first sight I knew I wanted this dragon to be black.  Since it only came transparent, that just meant  a good basecoat. 
      this took a long time with brown liner. 
      huge dragons are huge 

I left the wing membranes clear maybe I will tint them purple or green, 

Day 2-3 

Four layers of paint on belly scales, even though much of it will be hidden by wings . 

now I have decided it needs tail stripes, for visual interest.  Horns look best as bone triad. 
      not sure about fin - this doesn’t wrk… 

last picture is a weirdly  sculpted cut - painted brightly for photo. Doesn’t matter as will be hidden under wing. Repainted it black, so I can ignore it. 

• By Grand Slam
      Golem-palooza continues! I know this guy has been around for a while, but I first got him with the Bones 5 core set. I see a lot of people paint the clothes a different color, and that's definitely a good way to make him more visually striking. But I wanted to go for the "statue come to life" look. The only real pops of color were the color shift blue I used in the eyes (to make him look more magically animated) and bits of light blue in the dry brushing (I didn't go too heavy with it and it doesn't really show up in the pictures). Overall, though, I'm happy with him. Any feedback welcome, as usual.

• By Grand Slam
      This guy is one of the models from Bones 5 that I was most looking forward to painting. I gave him a coat of gloss clear so he'd look wet and slimy. Realistically, the white/yellow teeth don't make a lot of sense. But, his color scheme was inspired 100% by Clayface's design in Batman: The Animated Series. Any thoughts/feedback are welcome.