Gaslands

Anyone playing this?  

A while ago one of my gaming buddies bought a copy and since I had picked up a few random cars with this game in mind, I jumped in.  It's taken off at my store and it seems that the low cost of entry and the instant fun (we've spent more time trying to get to the first gate than anything else) makes for a good way to tempt people away from 40k.  

Maybe it's just that we are still learning but so far it seems a bit like Bolt Action in that, despite being simple enough, it's surprising how long a game takes.  

Finally one of the players just showed off his port-a-potty transport truck and I, for one, am jealous.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it.  Played a couple different versions at a local con recently. Threw together a quick two vehicle race with my 9yo son a few weeks ago and he liked it so much he has me building some specific vehicles for him. 

• Like 2

I've played it. I like the modelling possibilities. making weird cars is a lot of fun, but the rules have some problems. Just know that it's better if you play it infrequently enough that there isn't time for people to fall into a rut of using the broken stuff.

as a aside, there's folks at my local store who've been using a modified version of this to do mario cart. it works really well for that.

• Like 2