Getting to know you, FEBRUARY 2022 edition

haldir

On 2/12/2022 at 10:26 AM, haldir said:

February 12th & 13th Question of the Day:

(I almost forgot + I've got a game to run in less then an hour! Quickie, but this a simple one.)

Show us a mini you've painted recently!!

Hmmm, don't really have any minis, so instead I'll go with this...  At some point I'll be recolouring Sir Fuzzbutt!

20210722_004121.thumb.jpg.207e3f050f996691021b850f47add1e6.jpgP1030399-3x2.thumb.jpg.637391e16aa423d7e21ef2febecd0369.jpg20220124_221145.thumb.jpg.52f94370f0470f1dd1d48e4acdceb5aa.jpg

And then my first finished Gunpla kit (HG Gundam: The Origin Char's Zaku II (Red Comet Ver.)) as well as my most recently built Master Grade (Sazabi Ver.Ka) which will be getting a resin conversion kit at some point and a good amount of paint.

....Of course Sir Fuzzbutt is in there again, having lost an eye sticker when cleaning off the original clearcoat that fritzed on me.

• Like 10

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, haldir said:

February 14th Question of the Day:

It's Valentine's Day, yah the "Day of Love", aka Made for Hallmark Channel Day, American Greetings Day etc etc. Will you celebrate the day with a significant other,  or by yourself?

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha the only way we'll celebrate it is kind of like Foxes in Love...

FLiEz8FX0AAWJeo?format=jpg&name=large

We don't even do a special meal or anything like that, just the usual tokens of affection.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, haldir said:

It's Valentine's Day, yah the "Day of Love", aka Made for Hallmark Channel Day, American Greetings Day etc etc. Will you celebrate the day with a significant other,  or by yourself?

Yes.

By which I mean that I was able to give my wife a kiss as she rushed out the door to go to work right as I was getting home from work.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

We do a little.  Cards, a little sugar free "chocolate".  We'll go out for dinner on a less crowded day.

Right now we are putting together a Gundam (classic RX-78-2) and later we'll watch some Olympics, my wife is big into watching them.

Just to follow up, 

20220214_IMG_2601.jpg.be182e2d08f3a820c1ad6a7997cabfee.jpg

My wife has named him Valentino, so now I feel I need to find some 46 water transfers, preferably with "The Doctor" as well.

So far my Gunpla are just for a fun change of pace, so no plans to paint or anything like that.  Although I might put a bit of colour in the eyes.  I just don't like stickers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Just to follow up, 

20220214_IMG_2601.jpg.be182e2d08f3a820c1ad6a7997cabfee.jpg

My wife has named him Valentino, so now I feel I need to find some 46 water transfers, preferably with "The Doctor" as well.

So far my Gunpla are just for a fun change of pace, so no plans to paint or anything like that.  Although I might put a bit of colour in the eyes.  I just don't like stickers.

Shokunin Gunpla, Panda Hobbies, and Masamune (aka MSMN) are my main go-to's for gunpla waterslides, and gunpla stuff in general.  Oh yeah, there's also Nii Gunpla (aka Nii G Shop), although their site's URL is a bit eyebrow raising.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

As I recall, that was "a rather tender subject."

The one line that really made me laugh in the recent remake was: "Oh no, not Meatloaf again!"

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, haldir said:

Yes, another happy day with my wonderful wife.

Celebrated by butchering a lamb and having liver and bacon (with onion gravy, very thick) for dinner.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, haldir said:

We both had to work but I did buy her a large bouqet of flowers.

• Like 11

February 15th Question of the Day:

A little early today, as I'm gonna try to fall asleep before 5 pm today or at least try & get some sleep other then 4 hrs in......

Ahhhh, 2-15 (or for you more sophisticated countries 15-2...:poke:), you know what today is CHEAP CANDY DAY!!!! Will you partake in the candies? What's your favorite?

• Like 7

20 hours ago, haldir said:

Lo! These many years ago! I stumbled upon a Valentines dragon at fred Meyers, and thus was born the tradition of buying my hubby a “valentines” dragon. That being a pink or red dragon, usually with hearts. It hasn’t worked out every year, because sometimes there’s no dragons to be found. But he’s got a sizable collection of plush, heart covered, pink and red dragons now.

This year I found one that dances and sings a naughty song 😆

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

32 minutes ago, haldir said:

A little early today, as I'm gonna try to fall asleep before 5 pm today or at least try & get some sleep other then 4 hrs in......

Ahhhh, 2-15 (or for you more sophisticated countries 15-2...:poke:), you know what today is CHEAP CANDY DAY!!!! Will you partake in the candies? What's your favorite?

I don’t participate, primarily because hubby and I are trying to eat healthier. There’s also the fact that there’s hardly any candy left at the store, mostly Russell stover heart boxes, which just aren’t very good. Just another shortage.

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, haldir said:

I always look for discounts but my rule is that I will only buy stuff at discount that I would have wanted anyway.

Buying something you wouldn't normally is still money...

That said...I like Licorice and Chocolate, but I'm cutting down on the licorice, it's bad for your blood pressure.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, haldir said:

LOVE Lindor's Truffles. Sans a car, getting to a store for the discounted chocolates is pretty much an impossibility.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I don't like cheap candy, and most of what they put out for VD day isn't made with quality ingredients.  I like chocolate, when it's made with cocoa beans, cane sugar and cocoa butter and not much else.  There's unlikely to be anything in the clearance cart for me. 

I am going to check and see if there's any steaks marked down. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, haldir said:

As mentioned above I can't really do cheap (or discounted if you prefer) candy these days. But that's okay because I actually made a giant pan of brownies on Sunday so I've got enough sweet stuff to last through the week. That being said though I'm wondering if I should go look for cheap, sugary, non chocolate candy. I bet I could dissolve those gross candy hearts in some boiling water and then pitch some yeast to make some pretty high alcohol hooch. Haven't done something like that in a while. It would probably taste nasty but would be fun to make regardless.

• Like 11