haldir

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Feb 3rd Question of the Day:

Is there one or more songs that you know the words to in it's entirety?

You mean as in:  I could sing it at a karaoke bar with the lyric prompts turned off ?

"Hello! Ma Baby", "It's Only a Paper Moon", "Fly Me to the Moon", "L-O-V-E" and any number of other jazz / Tin Pan Alley favorites, for starters.  There's a big disconnect between the songs I like to sing and the songs I like to listen to.

... And nearly the entire pre-2000's Disney music catalog, thanks to a collection of CDs that my wife played constantly on road trips.

EDIT: And a lot of novelty songs, Saturday morning cartoon OPs, School House Rock and breakfast cereal and toy commercial lyrics.  Stuff you learn as a kid sticks around forever...

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, haldir said:

(note this one was yesterday's but with it being Gh day here in the states, it got pushed a day...)

(inspired by the community board aka "Let's put up the morale!!" in our break room at work)

Yep, lots (mostly 80-2000's rock and metal).  As others have said, its a lot easier with the music....

• Like 9

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Yes. Most "Weird Al' Yankovic songs, except for his past 2 albums or so.

I feel like I can also say "Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen, since you can really only understand the words "Louie Louie."

• Like 12

3 hours ago, haldir said:

(note this one was yesterday's but with it being Gh day here in the states, it got pushed a day...)

(inspired by the community board aka "Let's put up the morale!!" in our break room at work)

A couple of short cartoon theme songs. Otherwise I always misremember a verse or two.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, haldir said:

There are probably several hundred songs of various styles that I know all the words.

• Like 14

Quite a few.

Some of them are even the official "clean" ones.

I can recite quite a lot of poetry too. 

• Like 12

Yes, quite a few actually. How else am I going to annoyingly scream along with the songs at concerts? Or sing poorly over the music playing while I cook supper and dance about the kitchen in my PJ's?

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Are you kidding? I don't believe the actual weatherman is right, let alone a rodent..
😄

I find most rodents have more honesty and integrity than many people on TV.

5 hours ago, haldir said:

I know a few completely and many that I think I know until I actually try to sing them without listening along.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Do musicals count? I know a few of those from start to finish. Chicago and Moulin Rouge stand out off hand. This is not including the Disney movies that I know.

• Like 12

Is there one or more songs that you know the words to in [their] entirety?

There are almost none. Not even church hymns I heard many times as a child. I am a near complete fail at matching Wurds to Muzzik.

Except "Happy Birthday" and that stupid coconut song:

"…Put the Lion in the Coconut and stir him all around...

Put the Lion in the Coconut…"

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, haldir said:

None. I have music on as background noise, so the sound is more important than what they are actually saying. 

• Like 9

On 2/1/2022 at 4:27 PM, haldir said:

FEB 1st 2022 Question of the Day:

Meatloaf (R.I.P.) once said:

"I would do anything for love
But I won't do that"

What is one thing you won't do when it comes to hobbies?

I won't go back to anything other than Reaper paints, they give you a +4 to your skill rolls, after all. The other paints just fight me too much and I don't have time for that nowadays.

I probably won't stop being over critical of my work either. It's too ingrained at this point, but I am trying to be more positive......honest.

On 2/1/2022 at 8:49 PM, ManvsMini said:

Let anyone with greasy or cheese-dusted fingers touch my minis. To be honest, I cringe or wince when anyone touches my painted minis. I worked hard on them!

Someone once started picking up my painted minis with their pizza grease covered hands whilst we were in the middle of a D&D combat at our old game club. Not only was it disgusting, we were in the middle of combat with about 15ish opponents. Had to make a will save to stop myself from slapping them out of his hands.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:06 PM, haldir said:

FEB 2nd Question of the Day

It's the Day of the Rodent or as some people call Groundhog's Day, here in the US. Do you believe in the rodent or do you just look out the window & say "Eh, it'll be spring, when it wants too."

Also, members outside the states, do you have a similar day like ours?

As a few people have said, rodents are probably more accurate than the human forecasters!

Hold on, you guys DON'T know all the words to the songs you like?!? Okay maybe I'm the weird one as I get songs stuck in my head on repeat, so I have to listen to it multiple times to banish it from my noggin. I had to get multiple MRIs last year, with a few sessions lasting over an hour and they didn't have any headphones or music to give me. I ended up singing inside my head to keep myself entertained. Honorable mentions go to songs from The Lion King, Mulan, Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran(especially the song Bloodstream). I ended up relaxing so much that I'm pretty sure that fell asleep at one point so at least my claustrophobia didn't have a chance to kick in ::D:

My current earworm don't is this one from Rogers:The Musical. I can sing this all day!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_JD6gt4asI

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Back in our younger days, my best friend and I used to burn down the karaoke joints. So yes, there are several songs that I know. Some I might change the lyrics of to make into something new.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, haldir said:

Is there one or more songs that you know the words to in it’s entirety?

Mostly Christmas songs, some kids songs, a few Disney classics. I can sing along with a great many songs, because the music helps with recollection, like many. 

Do you want me to start singing Christmas carols? 😈

• Like 11
  • Haha 1