Getting to know you, FEBRUARY 2022 edition

haldir

On 2/4/2022 at 10:37 AM, haldir said:

Feb 4th question of the day:

If you could change two things about the world, what would you change?

(Disclaimer: No political changes, thou that would be a good start!! :devil:)

The first change would be that no one could have kids until they were mentally and emotionally prepared. Like, people would be physically sterile until they were ready to commit to it. The population would plummet, thus taking care of a host of other problems.

The second change would be to make magic real.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, haldir said:

Feb 5th & 6th question(s) of the day Weekend Double!

Ok, the fair is in your town, you & your friends are eager to check out the various rides & attractions. You come upon a mine ride in which the opening has a open dragon head & it says Dungeons & Dragons.You & your friends get in & the ride slowly creeps into the mouth, inside the ride starts to shake & suddenly a vortex appears, the cart tears apart & you & your friends are sucked into the hole!

You awaken in a strange land, dressed in clothing that appears similar to you but more of a medieval style. Suddenly, a large multiple headed dragon appears & it poised to tear the party apart! A small being appears & casts a spell on the party, causing you to acquire a class from the game. What are you & who is in your party?

Feel free to name forum members, friends or just make up people, it's your party!

Speaking of magic…

Well, I would be party healer, my hubby would be the paladin, with enough levels in ranger to have an animal sidekick. His best friend would be the bad luck magnet, so rouge/bard I suppose 😆. Steve would be the gunslinger, because magic is just silly and guns rule. Tammy would be the mage who blows us all up because she forgot how big her spells’ AoE is 😆

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, Corsair said:

Nope, not even gonna go there...

Absolutely this.

It fascinates me that, despite the fact that Corsair and I have almost diametrically opposed "world views", we frequently come up with the same attitudes and answers.

• Like 7

On 2/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, haldir said:

Feb 5th & 6th question(s) of the day Weekend Double!

Ok, the fair is in your town, you & your friends are eager to check out the various rides & attractions. You come upon a mine ride in which the opening has a open dragon head & it says Dungeons & Dragons.You & your friends get in & the ride slowly creeps into the mouth, inside the ride starts to shake & suddenly a vortex appears, the cart tears apart & you & your friends are sucked into the hole!

You awaken in a strange land, dressed in clothing that appears similar to you but more of a medieval style. Suddenly, a large multiple headed dragon appears & it poised to tear the party apart! A small being appears & casts a spell on the party, causing you to acquire a class from the game. What are you & who is in your party?

Feel free to name forum members, friends or just make up people, it's your party!

As my group's permanent DM for nearly three decades I'm pretty certain I'm coming out in my own set of Dungeon Master robes (I've already got the hairline so we're good there). And I'm bringing my roleplaying group with me. Since they're a bunch of IRL criminals and rogues I'm fairly certain they'll come through as the nastiest bunch of fighters, cut throats, and villains this fantasy world has ever seen. So first thing we do is give everyone, dragon included, a good kicking and then mug the DM. Then stay out of our way, we've got mischief to get into.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, haldir said:

February 7th Question of the Day:

What is on your key chain besides keys?

Nothing, my pocket knife resides in my pocket and Streamlight flashlight is in my shirt pocket.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, haldir said:

There is a carabiner. Similar to:
lbt1010.jpg

It might have been blue when it was new.
Possibly there is a bottle opener. 

71ShjYLQyFS._AC_SS450_.jpg

If it is still there I had the silver one. 
Also, there is one of those remotes that makes the truck go beep when it unlocks the doors or shuts off the lights (but perhaps that counts as a form of key?)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Actually, I don't have a key chain. With only one key; i.e., the back door key, there isn't any need for a key chain; AND the poor solitary key would feel lonely.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, haldir said:

I only have keys on mine, which is a small Unv of OR Ducks lanyard

• Like 9

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Nothing.  These days I only have the one house key and one car remote. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, haldir said:

I think I still have my flamingo bottle opener. A small pair of handcuffs which were a prize at a murder mystery event we went to for my birthday several years ago. A generic Thinkgeek key tag. A rainbow heart charm. Annnnd I think that's it...maybe.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, haldir said:

One of those little shopping discount cards for a large grocery chain and a bottle opener with the number of a DUI lawyer engraved on it that this law firm was handing out after a concert one night just outside the venue. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4