Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, haldir said:

February 7th Question of the Day:

What is on your key chain besides keys?

Besides keys:

• Access token to my office building.
  • Access token to my gym.
  • Car key fob (technically a wireless key)
  • Grocery cart token (for the lockable kind) that I recently found by chance.
  • Osaka castle "medallion" from when I visited Japan in 2017.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, haldir said:

Not really anything.  I once kept my remote start on it, but since I park in my garage it seemed kind of pointless and I took it off.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, haldir said:

Pretty minimal extras:

1. My public library card fob, with bar code.  Very unused these last 2 years, what with pandemic closures and restrictions.
  2. A fob with my company’s first logo.  It’s the same company that I‘ve worked at for nearly 25 years, but has had 5 different names & logos, and 4 different owners, since I was first hired there.  It’s kept the same phone number, though, from what’s listed on the fob!
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, haldir said:

My personal keys used to have a cute fox key tag.  Unfortunately, numerous drops to hard ground caused said tag to break, so now there's nothing other than keys on there. 

Work keys?  Well, let's see now.... Two keyfobs (one for the side door, one for the Hino), a circular piece of metal with the license plate stamped into it, and a retractable belt clip thingy (it's not a Key-Bak, it's the other brand that has a square housing and a safety disconnect between retractable and keychain).  Because, y'know, at some point a driver left their keys in the vehicle and the vehicle was stolen, so now we wear them attached to our hips... 

.... And we get to sound like the janitor as we walk down the hall or whatever, because two keyfobs, a metal tag, and several keys make quite the racket. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, haldir said:

My mini-library card, and a quarter I got in change that already had a hole drilled in it.

• Like 8

On 2/1/2022 at 10:27 AM, haldir said:

FEB 1st 2022 Question of the Day:

Meatloaf (R.I.P.) once said:

"I would do anything for love
But I won't do that"

What is one thing you won't do when it comes to hobbies?

I won't sculpt either the demonic nor leudity (I don't mine nudity, so long as it has a point other than sexual arousal).

On 2/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, haldir said:

Feb 3rd Question of the Day:

(note this one was yesterday's but with it being Gh day here in the states, it got pushed a day...)

Is there one or more songs that you know the words to in it's entirety?

(inspired by the community board aka "Let's put up the morale!!" in our break room at work)

Many.  I love to sing, and so have memorized many songs in my life.  Most Christmas carols for sure.  Many songs that fit well in the bass range too.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

.... And we get to sound like the janitor as we walk down the hall or whatever, because two keyfobs, a metal tag, and several keys make quite the racket. 

or a former manager of mine. I think he even had more keys then a school janitor. You could always tell whenever he was coming up a aisle or in the backroom. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Two store discount cards, a decoration from a video game, and a charm my mom gave me.

I bought a bag for the Calgary Coop and attached my member card key tag right to the bag handle. No more wallet clutter!

As to the original question, my car starter and a legit Black Diamond climbing carabiner. I don't climb, it's from my boat pin kit. We use it to attach Lilly to the tie out at work, as she gets the regular clip open all the time and runs around town when the overhead doors are open. One time she made it as far as the school, which is three blocks, or half the town, away. The kids were on recess and she loves kids, but the Littlest Hobo routine isn't all that endearing. 

• Like 8

23 hours ago, haldir said:

I barely have keys on there. I'm a minimalist. House/truck keys, phone, wallet, knife. Winter I add some lip goo.

For other keys, they live in a place that makes sense. My work keys are in my work desk, my garage/yard keys are in the living room by the garage door, etc. I hate being burdened by things (no jewelry at all).

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, haldir said:

February 8th Question of the Day:

Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?

To paraphrase something I saw on Reddit: "I don't have a dream job, because I don't dream of labor."

Win the lottery, hands down.  Not even to live extravagantly, just to have all my time be my own.  I am extremely fortunate with the job I do have.  In many ways, I have as close to a perfect job as it is possible to have.  I get paid enough, have fabulous benefits, our work produces components that contribute to scientific research and cancer detection, it's a low-stress environment, and the owner/my boss is an exceptionally reasonable and accommodating person; I would still quit if I did not need it for access to healthcare and recurrent monthly bills.  

Even the things that I enjoy doing, and that I do as often as time and opportunity arises, would become distasteful if I was required to do them as employment for survival.  I might make an exception if I simply got to build, craft, or create things without any attention to the business and marketing aspect of things.  Sort of a black box where I just shoved in a finished desk, terrain piece, painting, cucumber harvest, pot of chili, or whatever I felt like doing that day--and spent no time thinking about how much someone might pay for such a thing or persuading them to do so.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

February 8th Question of the Day:

Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?

Well, I already like my job, though I'd hesitate to call it perfect. Too many politicians and their toadies, suck ups, and hangers-on involved with it to be perfect. So I guess I'd rather win the lottery. But if it were one of those jackpots with an obscene amount of money I'd be quitting my job, starting an NGO, and becoming a permanent thorn in the side of my current employers. That would be all kinds of fun. No way could I quit working, I've too much of a driven personality for that.

• Like 8