LOOT Tavern, Part 1

Auberon

As mentioned elsewhere I got a copy of Rangers of Shadowdeep for Christmas, but due to the fact that I've almost always gamed at other people's houses, I lack terrain.  Enter LOOT's welcome pack, which is a tavern.  The default scale is 32mm.  I could have scaled it to 88% and made it 28mm, but I just printed as is.   Below you can see how it looks on a D&L grid (30mm), but it won't really matter at all off grid.

IMG_2004.thumb.JPG.274ca7a95a504cd73feaea904fc01bad.JPG

IMG_2008.thumb.JPG.595fbe1001a887048510c57fa8b5036c.JPG

And part 1 of the painting, just the wood!  The wood grain on some of these is quite shallow so I used a glaze painting method like @AntiMatter wrote about.  It did fill in the wood grain, but in order to really make it pop I would need to go back and highlight every board, which I'm not doing.  Instead they just got some exterior edge highlighting, which I may yet blend in a bit with an ink wash later.

My "nice" pics were overexposed, so I just waited for some natural light on the work table and took a new one. 

1202544744_LOOTTavern1.thumb.JPG.bdf2e0732ae06f7335da9914e411ae15.JPG

• Like 22

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic