What if......

KAMUT

Every once in a while these discusions come up, so I'll play devils advocate and start a little bit of noise.

Topic is dream matches, you know the kind of crap like, who would win in a fight, the Death Star or the enterprise, how about a fatal three way and throw in the Space Cruiser Yamato?

hehehe

I know everyone here can play nice so it shouldn't be an issue.

other matches, the ole Mighty Mouse versus Superman debate,

For all you mecha lovers, Voltron versus Gigantor? How about Tranzor Z?

hey, how about the Steiner Atlas versus the KDM Rhino?.

What triggered this was a offbeat discusion about the movie Doomed Megalopolis, can Kato hang with Gandolf the Grey? my answer, Can Gandolf hang with Kato, Kato is just too damn evil and warped.

anyway.......

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though a battle between Red-Shirts and Stormtroopers would be interesting to see.

It would be very interesting...

Have you noticed that the beams on the phasers don't always fire parallel with the unit? Are they self targeting to cover the Stormies Fire for Effect method? :unsure:

QUOTE (Spike @ Sep 1 2004, 07:12 PM)

Gandalf and Kato ay?

NO CONTEST!

Gandalf is Mithrandir, wizard of the White Council, slayed the Balrog of Moria.

Isn't Kato that goofy surfer-looking dude who lived with O.J.Simpson?

I thought it was the Kato in Pink Panther.

EDIT: oh nevermind

Wrong Kato, hehehe

this Kato, is supposedly a student of "the Northern Devil" later discovered to be a Japanese god of destruction. If it wasn't for the whinings of the Goddess of fertility(Yukari), Kato would have pulled the moon out of orbit using a magical chain he created. It is discovered in the first episode, he has the power to invert magic against itself, and manipulate it to his end.

dude, possesses a young woman (later found to be the goddess of fertility) into carrying a demon child he could sacrifice to reawaken the spirit of Tiara no Masakado, as a berzerker that would destroy Japan....

The more powerful, the better,

Gandalf, hehehe, probably would suffer the same fate as poor Harai......

Transporters + Bombs Doen't get through shields. Which means the trek ships have to bring down the shields on one of the Imperial Ships first, which means they have to survive about 70x more firepower than they can dish out for at least a few minutes.

Trek = Doomed. Their ships might be smaller and more maneuverable than Imperial Star Destroyers and SSDs, but there's no way they're manuevering through the absolute wall of turbolaser fire the Empire can lay down.

For a bit of reference, check out the -10x tab on this Starship Comparison website. (one of my favorite sites on the web. It feeds my sci-fi geek needs in a way few others can.)

You can even drag the graphics around to directly compare them to one another, if you want to.

Hmmm... on the one hand, Gandalf is a wizard, member of the White Council, and the driving force behind the quest to destroy the Ring. He is also a being of great power.

On he other, Kato is chauffeur to the Green Hornet, was played by Bruce Lee, and knows karate. Plus, he's got a pretty woofen' mask!

I'd say it's pretty close! Call it a tie?

The Empire wall of force is impressive indeed, but lets not rule out another wall of force that is impressive, are those big battle scenes in Robotech. the Macross seems to be pretty tough, sure the Empire can destroy a planet (and lets not forget the Suncrusher) but that Deathstar would would have to get into the system, and through an impressive wall of force, that being the Earth forces in Robotech.....

The Empire wall of force is impressive indeed, but lets not rule out another wall of force that is impressive, are those big battle scenes in Robotech. the Macross seems to be pretty tough, sure the Empire can destroy a planet (and lets not forget the Suncrusher) but that Deathstar would would have to get into the system, and through an impressive wall of force, that being the Earth forces in Robotech.....

Hah! If you want to do that comparison, then how about the Zentraedi? One macross, a bunch of ARMD platforms, and a mess of VFs are NOTHING compared to 4.8 million warships...

Damon.

Just a point here...

Wasn't one of the Death Stars destroyed by a *single* X-wing?

The Enterprise wouldn't fire phasers and such at the Death Star....they'd just send in Wil Wheaton on Shuttle...

Worf clutches a struggling Wesley. Picard opens shuttle door. Worf chucks Wesley through the hatch.

Picard: Ok Wesley, there's a small exhaust port you need to hit.

Wesley: Where is it?

Picard: Down a trench lined with turbo laser batteries.

Wesley: Are you guys going to follow me?

Picard: Uh...sure. Listen, Wes, just shoot a torpedo in the port and it'll start a chain reaction and destroy the Death Star.

Wesley: Does the shuttle even have a torpedo launcher?

Picard: Uh...sure.

Worf: Today is a good day to die.

Wesley: What's that supposed to mean?

Picard slams the hatch closed.

Yeah but if we did this now, wouldn't Wes just phase himself through the Time Space continuum with his buddy the traveller and save the day again with her annoying, whiny prattle?

Oh whoops, I meant with his annoying, whiny prattle.

Or did I?

::P:

With Hex's plot. Can you imagine Picard coming back to the Enterprise and explaining it to Dr. Crusher.

P: C'mon, seriously Bev, you didn't actually care about the whiny little brat, did you? Let's go to 10 forward and celebrate with the rest of the crew!