Russian Hostages

Neyuttad

The Mossad is a counter-terrorist group.

:rolleyes:

The Mossad is a Pro Israel group. Terrorism IS part of thier methods.

Lavon Affair

The aim of the Israeli Operation Suzannah was to bomb United States installations in Egypt, such as cinemas, and blame Arabs, hoping it would harm Egyptian-American ties. It is also known as the Lavon Affair or Faulty Business (esek bish), after the Israeli defence minister who was forced to resign because of the incident, then deeply shocked the Israeli political system by asking to review his case.

The operation was carried out by an Israeli military intelligence unit ("Unit 131" [1]) in 1954, but supposedly not backed by civilian Israeli leadership of that time. The operation, which was commenced in an amateurish fashion, led to the almost immediate identification and capture of the Mossad agents before any lives were taken.

Israeli agents working in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including a United States diplomatic facility, and left evidence behind implicating Arabs as the culprits. The ruse would have worked, had not one of the bombs detonated prematurely, allowing the Egyptians to capture and identify one of the bombers, which in turn led to the round up of an Israeli spy ring. Some of the spies were from Israel, while others were recruited from the local Jewish population in Egypt.

The capture of the agents caused outrage among Egyptian authorities. However, there was also great concern among the Israeli public and it led to Israel's first major political scandal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mossad has long had a reputation for being an extremely effective agency (see links below). However, it has also been involved in several spectacular debacles. In 1973, Mossad murdered Ahmad Bouchikhi, an innocent Arab waiter in Lillehammer, Norway, who had been mistaken for Ali Hassan Salameh, one of the leaders of the Black September, a Palestinian guerrilla organization, which was responsible for the Munich Massacre. The Mossad agents used fake Canadian passports, which angered the Canadian government. This was similar to an event in 1981 where fake British passports were discovered in a grocery bag in London in 1981, leading to a diplomatic row with Israel over Mossad involvement with the attempt to infiltrate China. In 1997, two Mossad agents were caught in Jordan (which has signed a peace treaty with Israel), on mission to assassinate Sheikh Khaled Mashal, a leader of the Palestinian militant group, Hamas, by injecting him with poison. Again, they were using fake Canadian passports. This led to a diplomatic row with Canada and Jordan, and Israel was also further forced to release several Palestinian prisoners, in particular the militant Hamas spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who until his assassination played a prominent role in attacks against Israeli civilians (and soldiers) during the current Al-Aksa Intifada, in exchange for the Mossad agents (who would otherwise have faced the death penalty for attempted murder).

Mossad was also involved in the Lavon Affair; the kidnappings of Adolf Eichmann and Mordechai Vanunu; and the assassinations of Ahmed Boushiki, and Abu Jihad. Their wide-ranging international presence has led to accusations of Mossad infiltration and involvement in a wide range of unconfirmed cases; these range from the assassination of Elie Hobeika and Gerald Bull, to a ring of Israeli "art dealers" with military backgrounds deported shortly after the September 11, 2001 attacks. Mossad allows assassination on the soil of (and of the citizens of) allied nations [1] (http://www.upi.com/print.cfm?StoryID=20030115-035849-6156r), but has a strict policy against assassinating Israeli citizens.

In July 2004, New Zealand imposed diplomatic sanctions on Israel over an incident in which two Israelis, Uriel Kelman and Eli Cara, allegedly working for Mossad, attempted to fraudulently obtain New Zealand passports.

On August 27, 2004 CBS News broke a story about an FBI investigation into a Israeli mole in the US Department of Defense. The story reports the FBI had uncovered a Israeli spy working as a policy analyst under Douglas Feith and Paul Wolfowitz.

The alleged spy, Larry Franklin, is said to have passed on classified documents pertaining to US deliberations on its foreign policy towards Iran, in time for Israel to apply pressure on the US prior to a final policy statement. [2] (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/27/eveningnews/main639143.shtml)

Israel has denied the report, saying that due to an agreement reached with the US government it has not had any intelligence assets in the USA since the Jonathan Pollard incident.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mossad is an Israeli government organisation and a very effective one at that. If you're saying Israel sponsors state terrorism then you should say that, otherwise don't lump a legitimate tool of government in with the pond life.

And yes, I'm sure in 1954 when Israel was only just being born it's new organisations were a bit naughty. lots of governments have sanctioned things they probably regret now. Bay of Pigs mean anything to you?

:rolleyes:

Now, one of my earlier posts was removed because it offended someone...

I wonder if the same will happen here? While I am not Israeli, I am still offended.

Time to see if these things are two-way streets or not, ne...

Freedom Fighters, Crusaders, Inquisitors, Terrorist, Partisans, Al Queida, Black September, IRA... whatever you name them, they're all the same crap from the latrine.

you forgot the Mossad

Except not.

Yes, Mossad is the Israeli governments intelligence/counter terror arm.

No, they aren't state sponsored terrorists. Unless you're a Palestinian, then you may very well think so and might have good reason too.

Yes, they are brutal in the extreme in their methods. Only the East German NKVD was more brutal in their tactics.

I am neither "pro" nor "anti" State of Israel existence. I'm not anti-semitic. I do however wish the Israeli's would stop shooting rockets at rock throwing protesters. That's known in the biz as "escalation" and is generally considered detrimental to peaceful a conclusion to anything.

The Israeli's have every right to defend the sovereignty of their nation. I do however disagree with how they choose to do it.

*shrugs* Just a dumb ol' grunts' two peso's worth

It is so sad and it wasnt all that long ago that we called these people Freedom Fighters why were they Freedom Fighters and now they are Terrorist????

When you attack your oppressors, you are a freedom fighter. When you attack their children, you are a terrorist.

No, though they share some methods with terrorists. The difference is in the target - Mossad goes after specific enemies, terrorists go after whoever will get the most reaction or provide the most leverage.

Having been in war zones, I can honestly say I didn't hate the opposition in general, even when I heard their bullets whipping by - I understood that they were doing their job, just like I was. As long as they were trying to kill me and my fellow soldiers, I wouldn't label them terrorists, even when they were setting traps in the jungle or trying to carry explosives in by hand. However, when they deliberately placed non-combatants in harm's way, my fury turned on full force.

Intelligence operations of governments with topsecret clearences and can virtually do anything they want are neccerly not Representing the people of that contry.

CIA during the JFK Precedency gave JFK a report they had come up with that was going to simulate an attack against civillian targets in the USA so we could attack Cuba and Occupy it. Now when JFK saw this it was a resonding No. This have been reaserched and is fact. The people suggesting this extreme tactic were not representing Americans since they were willing to kill some to get their agenda forward.

You can correct me if I am wrong on the specifics on this or maybe have something to add.

In Sweden I am certain that Sapo Our secret service assisanated Olof Palme he was a peace activist and our Statsminister. They didnt act in the interest of the people of Sweden, This is my thery tho and doesnt have any hardcore evidence to it.

Intelligence services have extreme amount of power. (Some one said Knowledge is power lets top secrete everything)

My belif is that they are used by the Super powerfull Elit to work for them and not the people there is lots of evidence for this oddles and Gobs.

In Israel a while ago I saw a huge group of Israli mostly young people that wanted to help out Palestinian villiges that were under siege and bring in food and water for them to help them not starve to death and they were stopped by israelli Millitary taken into custody I belive, my heart rose then in hope that there is hope that we can bring down the barriars that the Ultra rich is putting up so we will fight each other while they are laughing all the way to the bank,

Just had to say my piece hmmm I need more Coffe and a samwich

YHWH

:devil:

What's that? :blink:

(I'm guessing, possibly, and abbreviation of "Yahweh"?)

Tommy.

In Jewish traditions, names are respected for their power. At times throughout history this has been heightened to a level many would call superstitious.

Because knowing a person's name and calling them by it gives you a form of power over that person, it was and is considered a horrible and/or blasphemous thing to do to say or write out the full name of God. Still, god was held to have a name, and it was written with consonants only...and handed down to us that way. Because "Y" had a "J" sound, the "Ya" & "Je" names of god both derive from the original YHWH.

Now some people don't hold with the religious significance of names, and so vowels have been added back in to get the name "J_____ 's Witnesses" as well as the name that you spelled out.

But for me, the religious significance of names seems very real, important, and verifiable (look at people's heads snap around if they share the name of a person you are calling to...whether you consider it a "religious" power or not, you certainly have a power to affect someone's behavior by using their name).

So I, like Tommy, would spell YHWH just that way, and not attempt to pronounce it.

Millions & millions of others act similarly, tho' obviously that is not the norm for the majority.

cd

LURK MODE OFF

Now, one of my earlier posts was removed because it offended someone...

I wonder if the same will happen here? While I am not Israeli, I am still offended.

Time to see if these things are two-way streets or not, ne...

I am the Muslim that was offended and I sick and tired of your Bullstuff. Do you want to know What I think? It isn't like I haven't expressed my views already....

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...=5877&hl=muslim

So while your trying to imply things that aren't true, Your only making yourself look the bigger fool by trying to suggest something about Muslims in general. Instead of regurgitating fascsist Bullstuff, try reading a Q' uran or attending a Jumaat.

Lurk mode ON