Sign in to follow this  
bushido

Here we go again...

So I wasn't very effected by Charlie (unlike the unfortunate millions), but this one seems poised to really mess me (and many others) up. You see, I've just moved into my apartment near the University of Central Florida in Orlando. My "home" is in Palm Bay, just north of where the projected landfall will be. On top of that, the track takes it straight to Orlando...so either way, things look bleak. Hopefully, when my family and I get back from Georgia, our home and my apartment will still be there... :down:

I hope all goes well for you, your family, and all others affected.

I have heard stories of the funnels travelling down the middle of the road, not affecting either side.

My prayers are with you Bushido. I have a friend in Jacksonville I am awaiting word from who I used to attend college with. She only moved into her new apartment a month ago.

Well at least your family is safe. I know that your house has alot of memories in them but family is number one in my book. God be with you.

couldn't pay me enough to live in the "hurricane states"

good luck, hopefully everyone & everything is safe, seems like those storms are vicious this year (haven't seen 2 big ones in row like this in awile)

Randy M

I hope your home doesn't get blown away or washed away by this storm, but at least thanks to modern technology you can evacuate your family and not be washed away with your home if the worst should happen.

It could ALWAYS be worse. You COULD live in earthquake-country. It's been more than a hundred years since the southeast U.S. has had the shakes.

Good luck everyone in Florida.

I agree with Haldir...you could never pay me enough to live in the Hurricane belt. And add to that the Tornado belt too. Given the two though, I'd rather a Hurricane, at least you get a warning before they come so you can prepare.

I'd rather get buried in 3-4 ft of snow personally, and have to dig myself out.

Any other Floridians besides Bushido and myself?

The track looks like it will eventually swing north and plow through here as well... maybe... at least I'm inland... but we get LOTS of flooding. Eep.

:huh:

My grandmother lives in Melbourn, so I am quite worried for her. She is a bit on the cooky side...when Andrew (I think) hit in the early mid 90's, she thought it was a train going by...until she drove around the next morning and several mobil homes on her block were obliterated. Thank God she has gotten a little bit better about considering the weather now-a-days.

You guys keep safe, ya hear? I'll be thinking of you all down there, along with some of my friends and family as well. We expect to hear something from you as soon as possible telling us you're all okay!

I have a friend from back in college who lives in Jacksonville. I heard from her last night and she is going to ride out the storm at the local Ronald McDonald House where she volunteers on a regular basis. She decided not to risk it in her apartment.