Getting to know you March 2022

45 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

15 March: Is there a particular colour paint other than a primer you seem to use more than any other?

9064 Blue Liner

and 

9066 Brown Liner

Those wind up in the shadow areas frequently. Or get used -AS- primer. 

Edited by TGP
Added the numbers
  • Like 8

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

15 March: Is there a particular colour paint other than a primer you seem to use more than any other?

Used to use red and black a lot. Not so much now, but that's because I'm aware of my default setting

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Not really, except for Reaper's Liners, use them all the time.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Stormy grey, Troll Hide, Chestnut Gold.  I may end up using a lot of Ruddy Flesh, too. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I'd say either GW black shade or Army Painter dark shade. Seems to be about the only color I get onto minis these days.

As far as model paints, I'd say Tamiya semi gloss black, as this color is almost used in everything I build. If Tamiya would make this color in the tall primer can size, I'd be overjoyed.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I use an awful lot of Vallejos Leather Brown and GWs Agrax Earthshade. 

• Like 8

On 3/14/2022 at 12:35 AM, Great Khan Artist said:

14 March: Happy Pi(e) day everyone! The orc and pie has become a famous D&D joke adventure over the years. It basically consists of an orc with a pie in a room. The room is traditionally a 10x10 square, but today it can be round, if you like. What do you do? 

This is obviously a trap of some sort, probably a beholder under an illusion spell, so back away quickly before it notices me and then call for air support.

8 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Not particularly; it depends on what I'm painting. Recently, it's been a lot of blues and greens.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

It's a round room, I'd tell the Orc to search for the pie and give him the hint that the pie is in one of the corners.

Meanwhile, the henchmen in the first room are still trying to figure out the "How to look busy at work, flip over/How to look busy at work, flip over" sign. 

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Probably walnut brown and nut brown. Together they make a pretty decent dark brown leather for boots, belts and such. All my minis apparently shop at the same place for their leather boots.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

It's been a while, but I do remember leaning heavily on off- colors. The off-whites like Linen and Ghost (for a warm and cool) and off-blacks like Walnut and...was it nightmare purple?

For a while I was using Ginger Cookie as a unifying warm light source (titanium will cool).

I should really try painting another mini some day 😄 I only have a massive closet full.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

The leather browns and the old bones off-whites always seem to pop up in my color selection.

It's sad that some of them have been retired.

• Like 8