Getting to know you March 2022

Werkrobotwerk

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Weekend Questions: In honour of this month's free miniature promo: Choose a holiday or season that would be great to design a mini for.

The season would be the bi-annual time change we have just suffered through. 

Why that holiday?

Never been “celebrated” before (with a miniature) as far as I am aware. 

What does your creation look like?   

It looks like Gianpetto the Clockmaker and Gonzalgus the Wizard got plastered one evening and decided to build something. The dreaded . . .

Clockwerk Golem 

Luckily, it only comes to life twice a year, otherwise it just stands in a corner somewhere ticking and doing a bad job telling the time. It also emits Chimes, Whistles, and Ringing Bell noises at odd moments. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Weekend Questions: In honour of this month's free miniature promo: Choose a holiday or season that would be great to design a mini for. Why that holiday? What does your creation look like?   

The Holiday: My own Birthday.

The Mini: A Giant Bacon Cake.

Why? Because I want one.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Weekend Questions: In honour of this month's free miniature promo: Choose a holiday or season that would be great to design a mini for. Why that holiday? What does your creation look like?  

Despite the risk of beating a dead horse, I think we should have a flumph miniature themed for every month of the year. Because we need to celebrate the glory of flumphs and everything they do for us. Join the Flumph Revolution!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 3/16/2022 at 10:44 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

17 March: Happy St. Paddy's day, everyone! Let's say you've somehow managed to trap Tweed Tincup and his companion, Shroomie. How do you convince them to give you the pot of gold they have cleverly hidden?

On 3/17/2022 at 7:11 PM, Cranky Dog said:

"I have a room at the Embassy Suites and a spare bed at the next ReaperCon. Want in?"

I haven't got any ideas that are better than that^^^.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:21 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

18 March:  Life hacks. They've taken over the internet. Do you have a special way of doing something that makes life just a little bit easier?

Other than the generic 'plan ahead' that others have mentioned, I don't really have any, nor do I spend time looking for them.

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Halloween. There are already lots of figures that fit the bill, but we can always use MORE.

It could either be a group of kids in costumes, or some kind of scary critter.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

See, this is actually really difficult for me, because I freakin LOVE seasonal and holiday minis. If someone makes a holiday mini, doesn’t matter the holiday, I want it. Even the ones I don’t know about, I want those.

Anyway, right now I’d say a New Years Sophie. There’s one already, but we need more. Why? Because, that’s why.

Anyway, I’d have her in a long evening gown with a slit up her leg and long gloves (picture Sophie cosplaying Jessica Rabbit). In one hand she'd have a noise maker, in the other a champagne flute. Her wings would have streamers hanging off them.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

There are a few holiday minis I would love to see. Rocky the Red snuggling candy cane would be adorable. He doesn't even have to come with the candy cane, you could add a real one--then he could hold pens or paintbrushes off season. 

I'd really like to see the Chinese Zodiac animals. We already have the Western Zodiac, and some of those are really neat. They could be cute like the Bonesylvanians or more traditional. A lot of people in the Bones 6 comments really liked the Asian set from Bones 5. Also, more and more companies are embracing Chinese culture in an effort to introduce themselves to a growing market. (I am specifically thinking of Lego's recent Chinese culture sets.)  

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

April 15th, The IRS' Day of Doom.  Such a traumatic event deserves something to compensate for the stress.

I imaging a Grim Reaper looming over Fagin or Scrooge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Anyway, right now I’d say a New Years Sophie. There’s one already, but we need more. Why? Because, that’s why.

I'll second that. 

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

There are a few holiday minis I would love to see. Rocky the Red snuggling candy cane would be adorable.  

That, too. 

Reaper is really missing the market for Bones Christmas ornaments. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Despite the risk of beating a dead horse, I think we should have a flumph miniature themed for every month of the year. Because we need to celebrate the glory of flumphs and everything they do for us. Join the Flumph Revolution!

Isn’t that beating a dead Flumph ?

• Haha 10

On 3/18/2022 at 12:21 AM, Great Khan Artist said:

18 March:  Life hacks. They've taken over the internet. Do you have a special way of doing something that makes life just a little bit easier?

A product called BlackOutEZ window curtains... for when that pesky giant lightbulb in the sky won't let you sleep. Or if you are a vampire.

And a product called Poo-Pourri... for when you have to use the toilet and are worried about lingering stench.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:09 AM, Thoramel said:

Yes, I have a special trick that makes everything in life easier. Alcohol.

In my experience, that can make walking a straight line less easy. But that's just me.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:36 AM, Great Khan Artist said:

A lot of countries celebrate a Flag Day. I think a standard bearer with a purely blank flag would be nice, that way you can add/paint it however you want without worrying about removing emblems. And come with a few head options, instead of just a helmeted or male head.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4