Getting to know you March 2022

Werkrobotwerk

22 March: There has been lots of chatter over in the Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary thread. Recently revealed--lots of zombies in the core set. Some people are less than enthused to have yet more zombies, which leads us to today's question: Is there a creature that you can't seem to have enough miniatures of?

• Like 3

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

22 March: There has been lots of chatter over in the Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary thread. Recently revealed--lots of zombies in the core set. Some people are less than enthused to have yet more zombies, which leads us to today's question: Is there a creature that you can't seem to have enough miniatures of?

Cat people. 

Sophie.

Space ship crew. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Gnolls and Koborlas. 

Second one they seem to never think about adding, despite soooooooo many asking for such things in Bones. 

I honestly don't get why they'd put even more zombies out, but I also have zero use, and zero interest in painting such minis... 

• Like 7

Minotaur. As long as they aren't the demon-crazed slobbering version from the D&D monster manual, I'll buy as many as I can. I like them player character-sized instead of monster/monstrosity-sized (basically, scaled for a 30mm base).

A crew of seafaring minotaur (not pirates) would be nice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 March: There has been lots of chatter [. . .] zombies [. . .]

today's question: Is there a creature that you can't seem to have enough miniatures of?

Ordinary crew for a ship. I have a 5.5 ship inbound. It comes with 10 (20?) cannons …but Gun crews? 6 guys per gun?  Reaper does make tons of pirates—but they are all standing around, brandishing weapons, looking like someone has just shouted, “Standby to repel boarders!”

There are Frostgrave creatures I don’t have. Frost Snakes, Snow Apes, and Rangifers (Biped Reindeer Beastmen) to name three. 

As for Zombies, they are just not my thing—if I wind up getting a core set those will be available, on the chopping block, up for trade. I just don’t wanna paint grisly undead flesh. Just No Thanks. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Fluuuuuuuuuuuuumphs.

On a more serious note, for some reason dwarves appeal to me. Especially can't get enough badass female dwarves.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Wild West Miniatures

Space Ship Crew

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Anthropomorphic bunny rabbits. I attacked my players with a horde of them two weeks ago and the couple of dozen I had available just didn't seem like enough to actually qualify as a horde. 

Also, I'm pretty happy about the zombies from Bones V being included in the core set. I run the occasional zombie one shot and it's way more fun if you can trap your group in an alley or hallway somewhere with zombies packed in shoulder to shoulder. And it's not easy to pull that off with just a handful of minis.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

For me, it's critters. Snakes, spiders and scorpions. I'd love lots of different sculpts of them. @Inarah I also love cats, and am happy to see the elven hunting cat in the core set.  @WhiteWulfe I'm with you on the gnolls. One of the Koborlas made it into the core set, here's hoping for more. I painted the shaman once and put him on display at the FLGS, but he disappeared when they moved locations. 😥 I would've liked him back.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

This is a pretty subjective question and will probably have as many different answers as there are folks who choose to answer it. Any miniature I pick will be based on my wants/desires/biases, just as everyone  else's answer is. If I say orc , there will 50 people yelling about how there are more than enough of them already.

I think I'll make my answer an entire range of miniatures: properly dressed females of all races.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

More from the sci-fi or steampunk/Victorian stuff.

And flumphs just for you know who!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

This is a pretty subjective question and will probably have as many different answers as there are folks who choose to answer it. Any miniature I pick will be based on my wants/desires/biases, just as everyone  else's answer is. If I say orc , there will 50 people yelling about how there are more than enough of them already.

I think I'll make my answer an entire range of miniatures: properly dressed females of all races.

That, "properly dressed", is also fairly subjective. I've never gotten the chance to ask an orc female about her fashion style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 3/21/2022 at 9:34 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

Mouslings, in general. Though I believe we have “enough” cowboy style mouslings.

• Like 8