Getting to know you March 2022

Werkrobotwerk

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

25 March: On the subject of playing cards, if you were to change the standard suits from hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades into four new ones, what symbols would represent them?

Um, I guess circle, square, triangle and hexagon?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

25 March: On the subject of playing cards, if you were to change the standard suits from hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades into four new ones, what symbols would represent them?

Anvils

Axes

Firebrands

Hammers

~~~~~~~~

There ^ is a Dwarven Set

Crescents

Daggers

Orbs

Palms

Serpents

~~~~~~~~
This ^ one is Araby themed and there are five suits. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Fighter.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

24 March: Everyone has one. Go find your deck of playing cards and tell us what's on them. 

I had a poker set at one time, but don't know where it is. It was probably the generic Bicycle brand cards, but I don't remember. I have a tote of some old Dragon Ball Z decks from their card game underneath my bed.

8 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Johns, Pauls, Georges and Ringos. First group of four that came to mind.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

BLACK:

Skulls

Batwings

RED:

Drops of Blood

Red Lips with Vampire Fangs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Earth, Air, Fire & Water.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Wands Swords Sheilds and scepters

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

Wands Swords Shields and Scepters

That’s two old ones and two new ones. 

Clubs = Wands

Spades = Swords

The spade symbol is a stylized and vertically squashed sword blade. Espada was sword in Spanish from Spatha which was a longer blade than a Gladius. Swords was the original tarot suit. 

The club symbol is a stylized trefoil leaf which was traditional to draw decoratively on the wands—long thin wooden sticks—in the tarot suit of that name. 

4 hours ago, alchemist said:

Earth, Air, Fire & Water.

In that five elements movie they had a decent set of symbols worked out. Wish I could remember them. Water was three horizontal Wavy? lines…

…I think it was always three lines for each Sigil. 

• Like 4