Getting to know you March 2022

Werkrobotwerk

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

25 March: On the subject of playing cards, if you were to change the standard suits from hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades into four new ones, what symbols would represent them?

Pyramid, square, pentagon, hexagon.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Great Khan Artist said:

26 March: When you buy minis, do you plan your purchases ahead or do you buy what tickles your fancy?

If ordering, I always plan ahead. But I am a sucker for the discount bins at a FLGS, so anything can happen.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

26 March: When you buy minis, do you plan your purchases ahead or do you buy what tickles your fancy?

I usually plan ahead, buy one thing I was planning on getting, forget the rest, and buy a bunch of stuff I already have.

I’ma pro 😎

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

A little of both.  I usually know what I came for, but like to look and see what is new. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

A little of both, but the needle leans more towards planning then freeform, due to my weekly games & trying to time mail delivery & when the game that uses those minis will be feaured.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Well, recently Games Workshop personally threatened me with a brand new Horus Heresy boxed set, so I guess I'm forewarned to fortify my bank account.

I am unthreatened by ^ this. 

13 minutes ago, haldir said:

A little of both, but the needle leans more towards planning than freeform, due to my weekly games & trying to time mail delivery & when the game that uses those minis will be featured.

Do you ever recycle minis from prior games if the new things have failed to arrive?  Do you ever let the collection of miniatures in-hand ‘plan’ the next few encounters?

Edited by TGP
Had to fix the merge. Merge feature is a kludge.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

It starts as planning, but then kind of snowballs out of control to either reach free shipping minimums or if I see or remember to look for something that has been out of stock. There's typically at least one "ooo, shiny"/impulse buy in every order.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I usually try and plan ahead, based on previews and stuff, but sometimes you just see something that looks really cool.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Yes.

By which I mean sometimes there is a plan where I want specific items, sometimes I just decide to buy whatever looks cool.

• Like 9