Getting to know you March 2022

Werkrobotwerk

55 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Addendum: While one can easily argue that all female wizards are beardless (ignoring the usual bearded dwarven women trope).

But this brings up an interesting situation. While most experienced male wizards have long beards, nearly all female wizards/magic users look young and adventurous.

Reminds me of the Belgariad where the sorcerers were immortal, but all the males look old because they thought that's the way they were supposed start looking like.

• Like 5

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/28/2022 at 9:40 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

29 March:  Do you use resuable shopping bags? Have a favorite?

We do, as we live in a state that is doing or done away with plastic grocery bags. (Oddly, Wallyworld here, seems to skirt the state law all the time....whatever). We were using them before it became "Use a bag, pay for a bag" plastic one at the stores. Favorite, I'm not sure if I have a favorite but all those years of going to ReaperCon & getting SWAG at the Con, is a majority of our shopping bags now. I do use one to transport my miniatures for my Weds night FLGS game as well.

13 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

30 March: @buglips*the*goblin has been immortalized in glorious Bonesium. Who else has an avatar that you believe would be a delight to paint?

Thanks to GW, I have a miniature of Haldir as he is presented in Fellowship of the Rings. Why, of course he is unpainted!! I will have to think about this one for a bit before answering who else has one I'd paint up.

5 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

31 March: How many times today have you refreshed the Bones 6 Kickstarter page?

I have not. It'll get here, when it gets here. Reaper doesn't do Early bird pledges, so really no need to "Be the first in line" so to speak.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Not yet.

I'm going to keep my eye on the Kickstarter, but I'm only going to back it if something really snazzy catches my eye (Or something really unusual that'll probably sell too poorly to make it to retail).

• Like 9

Not yet actually, still thinking about backing or not, will take a look.

And thank you for a wonderful month of questions.

It will be hard for the next questor to follow that up.

Looks who the next Questor is..

Uh..oh..

Where are my notes?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

None. Not planning to go in on it. Though I might maybe be persuaded to throw in a dollar pledge in order to keep my options open for later when I have more available funds.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

[Looks around innocently]

Oh. Is that the thing that Reaper does sometimes? Is that happening any time soon? Please ignore the large countdown timer on my desktop titled "Happy Mini Fun Time!"

I'm on my company keyboard. So I have to put some actual effort to avoid damaging it.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Nope, haven't refreshed it at all.  Odds are at the moment I'll just go in at $1, and may bump it up later. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Addendum: While one can easily argue that all female wizards are beardless (ignoring the usual bearded dwarven women trope).

But this brings up an interesting situation. While most experienced male wizards have long beards, nearly all female wizards/magic users look young and adventurous.

'Cause girls are smarter, so they learn everything faster.::P:

8 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

None. I don't have to. I have spent the past several years cultivating a spy on the inside, so I already know what the first half dozen goals are.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

There are so many of you who would be a joy to paint in Bonesium, I don't know where to start. I'm going to play it safe and say @TaleSpinner because I know he sculpted a bunch of really awesome dragons/drakes for Dragon Bait, (whom I follow since they took over the Dark Fable lines) and that his avatar is a sneak peek at those minis. 

Aww, thank you (but they are actually for Dark Sword; should be releasing this Summer/Fall). 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

31 March:

How many times today have you refreshed the Bones 6 Kickstarter page?

This will have more pertinacity in about 2.5 hours. Did you guys know pertinacity was a word?   I did not. But chellspecker did. Well done, Chellspecker. That is today’s word: pertinacity

Answer is none, so far. 

Anybody have a link to the page..? Otherwise I’ll be having to search for it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:
11 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

'Cause girls are smarter, so they learn everything faster.::P:

It’s magic!

The very first medium-to-high level spell girl Wizards (Sorceresses) learn is the charm of:

Ageless Beauty

(the dudes always skip that one in favor of fireball…always. Doesn’t matter how many times they singe their own beards)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6