Getting to know you March 2022

On 3/1/2022 at 7:40 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

Question 1

Going to start with an easy one.

Do you have any interesting plans for March? Doing anything for Mardi gras?

I *had* plans of visiting my mother this weekend for her birthday. But there's been a COVID outbreak at her retirement home, so no visitors allowed. And since I usually spend the night at her place, those plans got ruined.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised no one said it, but I'm picking a werewolf. How about 50045 Jessie Moonwalker? He'd be perfect! I'm not sure how well white metal would keep on the moon; heavens knows it won't oxidize anyway. 

3 March: You are chosen to be the first person to make footfall on Mars. What are your iconic first words?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I'm surprised no one said it, but I'm picking a werewolf. How about 50045 Jessie Moonwalker? He'd be perfect! I'm not sure how well white metal would keep on the moon; heavens knows it won't oxidize anyway. 

3 March: You are chosen to be the first person to make footfall on Mars. What are your iconic first words?

Praise the Omnissiah!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

"where's Rasputin, he owes me $5"

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Bugs Bunny voice..."I shoulda turned left at Albekoykey..."

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Where's the equivalent of a Starbucks?  I really could use a coffee right about now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Clearly the rabbit ENRIETH.

Just so there will be a rabbit on the moon

File off MMF from kijai:

720X720-img-8861.jpg

Now that I got my CR6 running again, I need to print that one out!

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

In honor of Arnie's Mars movie Total Recall

"Git too dah chawpah!!!!"

Also, didn't copy over #2 but:

I'm not really sure but MA'AL DRAKAR is a good one. Mainly to show people that you don't need to spend over 200 bucks for a giant multi-headed dragon miniature. :devil:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

On 3/1/2022 at 6:22 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

2 March:

Which Reaper mini would you leave on the moon? Why? (You can also leave a mini by another company, to keep it from being lonely.) 

Okay, it turns out that the surface temperature on the Moon maxes out at 224°F. Pewter alloys don’t melt until about 330+ so metal models should be good. Bones models…

https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2010/12/08/131910930/neil-armstrong-talks-about-the-first-moon-walk

…go soft when they approach the boiling point of water so I think they’d be a poor choice. 

I will search for (or commission) a three headed Dragon: In honour of David Weber’s character ++Dahak (whose emblem was a three headed dragon). 

If I can afford a moonshot, the expense of commissioning a one-off casting would be peanuts by comparison.  

6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

3 March: 

You are chosen to be the first person to make footfall on Mars. What are your iconic first words?

Take me to the Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator !!

Edited by TGP
++Look up Dahak, David Weber, and Mutineers Moon.
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

afbeelding.png.4d5c0469b357ba98a8d89e43cef22e8f.png

Oh yeah baby, this will be the founding of WOOF's Intergalactic Empire!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 10

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

"Hey, are these things eggs?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I'm assuming I'm being shipped off planet as punishment for something terrible I've done. So when I step foot on Mars I'll turn towards earth, shake my fist at it, and yell "I'll get you next time!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Looks around and sees a W.O.O.F. shuttle,

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, haldir said:

File off MMF from kijai:

720X720-img-8861.jpg

Now that I got my CR6 running again, I need to print that one out!

In honor of Arnie's Mars movie Total Recall

"Git too dah chawpah!!!!"

Also, didn't copy over #2 but:

I'm not really sure but MA'AL DRAKAR is a good one. Mainly to show people that you don't need to spend over 200 bucks for a giant multi-headed dragon miniature. :devil:

moon rabbit is always a good choice.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3