Getting to know you March 2022

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

7 March: How would you paint in zero gravity? How would anyone? 

Oils seem like a totally safe thing, although the air scrubbers would definitely need some improving so odorless mineral spirits could still be used and not cause a build up of fumes. 

... It's not like you can just open two windows and use a fan when you're in deep space after all... 

• Like 7

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 March: How would you paint in zero gravity?

I might try dotting it on with toothpicks. 
I suspect surface tension might be the artist’s friend. 

How would anyone? 

https://qz.com/1578231/what-its-like-to-paint-in-space-according-to-a-nasa-astronaut/

Read all about ^ Nicole Stott, astronaut, watercolorist. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

Weekend Quest: Design a themed Encounter Set for a Bones kickstarter.  

I cannot acknowledge or deny my participation in such a thing...🤐

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Maneuver myself over to the control panel,  and turn the gravity switch back to the 'normal/on' position, and then paint like I do here on earth.::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 3/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, Great Khan Artist said:

Weekend Quest: Design a themed Encounter Set for a Bones kickstarter.  

Something I'd buy:  Away Team Sci-Fi Adventure.  Includes planetary shuttle with removable roof, and 4 multipart human figures.  Two male and two female bodies with alternate arm sprues giving you a choice of empty hands, sci-fi pistols or hand held scanners. 

Something Ron would produce:  Zombie dinosaurs in clown suits, 3 poses, with a giraffe in a hula skirt carrying a ray-gun.  Undersized roller skate funny car to round out the set. Then Dave and Ed can broccoli some more about how "Chronoscope doesn't sell". 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Paintball guns, naturally.

Pezler beat me to it! Why does it worry me that we are starting to think alike?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

No idea, but the paintball gun idea sounds like it could work. It would be messy as all heck. And unless your mini (or whatever you're painting) was anchored to something it would go spinning off with the first application of color. And you'd probably want to anchor yourself to something too because of that whole every action has a reaction thing. Wouldn't want to start spinning around uncontrollably from firing the gun which would basically be acting as a cold gas thruster. Which actually sounds kind of fun once you got good at it. You know what, just forget the painting, I kind of want to play paintball in zero gravity now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Just throw the minis in the air then open a can of paint. Now look in the mirror and admire your new look...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Pezler beat me to it! Why does it worry me that we are starting to think alike?

While I was checking @Lord of the Dish Pit's fries, I looked over your future answers. Then I came back and answered the question, thus nullifying the timeline where you were the one that posted it while making myself appear witty and clever. Temporal manipulation has its benefits. :B):

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Which actually sounds kind of fun once you got good at it. You know what, just forget the painting, I kind of want to play paintball in zero gravity now.

I agree, that does sound like it could be a lot of fun!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I agree, that does sound like it could be a lot of fun!

Not for the poor schmuck that has to clean up the zero G paintball battle zone afterward. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

So we've given up painting the minis in space and are now just shooting each other with paintballs and thowing paint bombs, eh? It's only a matter of time before someone adds glitter to the mix. Since this has clearly malfunctioned the spaceship and she is screaming at me, we are taking the nearest convienently created rainbow temporal anomaly and heading to Ancient Egypt. 

8 March: Egyptians were buried with shabti, little figures designed to come to life and work in lieu of the deceased in the Field of Reeds. Which Reaper mini(s) would you choose for your shabti?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

8 March: Egyptians were buried with shabti, little figures designed to come to life and work in lieu of the deceased in the Field of Reeds. Which Reaper mini(s) would you choose for your shabti?

Obviously,

Oswald The Overladen

Edited by TGP
Probably gonna need a whole unit of them
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2