• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very original color scheme. I love the way he seems to have veins of magic running through his staff. I'm not sure I'm 100% feeling the osl at the bottom of the cloak, but that's nitpicky and I'm certainly no expert at osl. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your comments everyone, I appreciate them.

16 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

Very original color scheme. I love the way he seems to have veins of magic running through his staff. I'm not sure I'm 100% feeling the osl at the bottom of the cloak, but that's nitpicky and I'm certainly no expert at osl. 

The effect I was aiming for is a veil of northern lights, a living fabric whose light moves with the cape.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By jwitham75
      Finished this up a few weeks ago. Tried a lot of things with this - colour composition art reference, subdued NMM, considering spot colour placement, using a wider range of colours for oil pin washes. Took quite a long time but I was pleased with how it turned out.

• By jwitham75
      Painted this a few years ago when Darren Latham put up his tutorial on textured cloth. I've since had a bit more practice with the technique - this cloak looks more like creature hide than cloth, but it's still visually interesting. The light coloured robe was a pain to get not-chalky, and it still doesn;t photograph particularly well.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's Lanaerel Grayleaf the wood elf. This Dungeon Dwellers model was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Wayward Mariner, this poor soul is from one of Malifauxs Special Edition sets (I think he's part of an alternate Molly crew) by Wyrd Games.

Very happy with how this one painted up, my only problem is how I've had to awkwardly wedge him in one corner of his large base to accommodate his overhanging anchor, looks weird and stupid.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here comes another set of Mousling. This on is 01512, Mousling Zombie. It was part of Reaper Artist Con 2010 Special Edition Figures sculpted by Gene Van Horne.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)