Jump to content

Desert nomads?


jdizzy001
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m in the market for some female desert nomad type minis. I’ve looked thru reapers selection of female desert themed minis but they arent scratching the itch. I’m looking for something a little more grounded in reality. Anyone know of any manufacturers which produce something like that?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of 3D files out there that fit the bill.

You could buy them printed from somebody with a merchant tier if you don't have acces to a 3D printer yourself.

 

For example EPIC miniatures:

325771735_Schermafbeelding2022-03-10083323.jpg.41b2af06e130a800af1475249ff392f0.jpg

 

TITAN FORGE ( there are females in the Arab Units and these are modular.

 

1376836093_Schermafbeelding2022-03-10083602.thumb.jpg.931a6dd64fecafb19319901b860217ce.jpg

 

Evan Carothers:

 

1354575226_Schermafbeelding2022-03-10083736.jpg.b72af2a32ee0cdff15e75a126f7716b6.jpg

 

CROSSLANCES:

 

816846756_Schermafbeelding2022-03-10084026.jpg.ee4974d9edb3801bba13bdde1ef9a23a.jpg

 

Across the Realms

 

1854358757_Schermafbeelding2022-03-10084644.jpg.dea72ac364ea3a19968ac8ef50d83107.jpg

 

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

I’m in the market for some female desert nomad type minis. I’ve looked thru reapers selection of female desert themed minis but they arent scratching the itch. I’m looking for something a little more grounded in reality. Anyone know of any manufacturers which produce something like that?

 

Look at the Reaper Warlord figures tagged Nefsokar. Mi-Sher is the only one that looks decidedly female, but the other Khamsin Herdsmen and Rangers could go either way. 

 

Some of the new Bones cultist packs have females with an exotic robed look. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

I’m in the market for some female desert nomad type minis. I’ve looked thru reapers selection of female desert themed minis but they arent scratching the itch. I’m looking for something a little more grounded in reality. Anyone know of any manufacturers which produce something like that?

 

What are you looking for exactly? Are you looking for civilians or figures for an adventuring party? You might consider looking at regular male Bedouin miniatures. A beardless miniature dressed in a thawb or kaftan with their head covered by a agal or turbin would be indistinguishable as male or female.

 

    buckyball

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perry miniatures do a trio of female 'turcomen' horse archers, who were (presumably) part of the crusades. 

 

Shieldwolf miniatures are kickstarting a female Arabic plastic mini set. They do look a bit at risk of sun burn though. 

 

Ttcombat did their recent KS and are releasing the female desert elf range which may have some things in it that work. 

 

The Northstar ghost archipelago range has a pack of 4 female crew who I think could all work as 'middle eastern' as well. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want civilians, some of Effincool's Court of the Sultana stuff might work. Their current site is a bit lacking though, with no categories to the shop.

 

There's something by Shieldwolf over in the Kickstarters forum right now, but it's not really looking great for even funding.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2022 at 7:13 PM, buckyball said:

 

What are you looking for exactly? Are you looking for civilians or figures for an adventuring party? You might consider looking at regular male Bedouin miniatures. A beardless miniature dressed in a thawb or kaftan with their head covered by a agal or turbin would be indistinguishable as male or female.

 

    buckyball

Yeah, if that'll work, Iron Wind Metals has a few of that:

DH-280 Moorish Archer Kneeling

DF-429 Desert Fighter With Scimitar

DF-475 Desert Fighter With Two-Handed Sword

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m looking for females, robed females. I did find some newer reaper minis which would work, Koya from the pathfinder range and Nella (with some modifications) from the same range.

 

I’ll look at the iron wind minis referenced. I’m really looking for something usable in the Saga scale. Reaper is great, I just like my minis closer to a “true scale”.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jdizzy001 said:

I’m looking for females, robed females. I did find some newer reaper minis which would work, Koya from the pathfinder range and Nella (with some modifications) from the same range.

 

I’ll look at the iron wind minis referenced. I’m really looking for something usable in the Saga scale. Reaper is great, I just like my minis closer to a “true scale”.

What's "true scale"? Iron Wind Metals mainly republishes Ral Partha pieces (which those are) so they're 25mm scale, not 28mm or 32mm.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

True scale refers more to the proportions of the mini. Reaper minis are heroic 28mm scale, GW’s LOTR line is a true 28mm scale, meaning the body proportions are (a bit) more realistic. I think DSM and Modephius’s skyrim minis are the truest scale 28mm on the market right now. Correction, those are both 32mm range, but they aren’t heroic scaled.

Edited by jdizzy001
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

True scale refers more to the proportions of the mini. Reaper minis are heroic 28mm scale, GW’s LOTR line is a true 28mm scale, meaning the body proportions are (a bit) more realistic. I think DSM and Modephius’s skyrim minis are the truest scale 28mm on the market right now. Correction, those are both 32mm range, but they aren’t heroic scaled.

 

I also prefer natural proportioned miniatures. Tom Meier and Chris Tubbs are about the best sculptors for this. Perry Miniatures are ok proportioned and they do have a set of female Turcoman horse archers. But I think it will be difficult to find female infantry that are not cartoonish fantasy minis

 

    buckyball

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...