Monet Tribe of Elves! + more elves have arrived!

It begins again! 
5 more Monet paintings, including is first in the series and one of his last six (which were very  abstracted)

im just so excited! 
I also have two more to add to my next reaper order - a wizard and a sorceress, in similar cloaks 

23264491-850F-4742-9AC1-306E3E6CDFA3.jpeg

• Like 6

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Not his first painting - stupid internet. 
this one is done. I like the deeper shadows. 

weeping willow 1922  

is started - it’s one of the last six where he was going blind and his style changed. 
- this one needs ink to pop the vivid yellow and orange. And better definition on the top of the tree 

EAB25E18-27FE-4EF8-8825-DFF320D445E9.jpeg

F2DC4CC4-AD5D-4FEF-B6C4-99A7A105EDD2.jpeg

61EC9451-DBAD-483E-8628-7F6B0652A158.jpeg

1CF1EBCA-1FA7-43E4-9BAB-A2326555599A.jpeg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

Went to the Zurich art museum the other day and got to see the original (well, one of the originals, at least). That painting was a lot larger than I expected. This is just a part, I didn't want to step back too much and lose all the detail.

So, here's a greeting from Zurich for some additional motivation!

IMG_8786.JPG.d7039ecfdc0c5ee5d237d6ef58849300.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So now it’s turning into a diorama 

a flat painting as a base, a constructed bridge and then a second painting as a back drop

second picture is laying down shadow areas 

third is the finished canvas 

forth is the shadows and light of the backdrop - the penciled in bridge has vanished completely 

the upper tail of bridge is a quarter inch under the exact center.

The lower rail is dead center halfway to the lower edge.  The lower beam arcs smoothly to the corners 

005B4ACB-5E81-49A1-A3CB-31BA6FBFE279.thumb.jpeg.c47f1449c1c9590a63b05d1c9e2e60f3.jpeg

AFCAAFF7-FDF5-4A64-A8BB-4069633336F3.jpeg

FBBABFB0-53F6-4E37-89EE-3825F4326C9E.jpeg

AED1359E-B503-43BC-8A52-9B455A80D430.jpeg

Added more yellow and fit the two together 

6A851D41-48BC-4900-BB13-55DDAC79B858.jpeg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Finished ? The backdrop not sure about it 

Added more yellow and fit the two together 

I want to do a second version of the back drop - and one more of the ground canvas - with more an alternate design - ie one from a bridge less painting 

last picture is the fey-pact warlock responsible for making these cloaks for her tribe.  

C124721D-5115-4A27-9BD7-A267005A5302.jpeg

E00D7C85-D81C-444E-AFF6-B21485C9A979.jpeg

DB0155C0-49ED-47A0-AAE2-4275D30D9BEE.jpeg

FEDE79CB-9464-47B6-866B-261EE7CE7EDD.jpeg

FF0426EE-5286-457B-B280-0D6B4F4EA5BA.jpeg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

So they all have names and histories from my current D&D campaign they all appeared in - I think I will do 2 cards or paragraphs of text one that sets the scene, and one with names  

if you were looking at this diorama  at the art show how much detail would you want on each elf (max of 4 ) ??! 

Lyinanna Timothena - fey-pack warlock, weaver of cloaks,  - unpainted 
Keleris Shostrii  - Libertarian ex-boyfriend of Lyinanna,  father of Coryem & Raine (PC)  - Gold cloak 

Coryem "the Scaven" Timothena  - Wererat,   reoccurring campaign villain, son ot Lyinanna  - Ultramarine waterlily cloak 

also pictured 
Venturis Waescan - known as drunken layabout to town,  “THE Elven Wine merchant”  to the smugglers guild of the Empire, 
---- allied to Keleris and Ina (PC)   -  green cloak with bridge. 

Ilbryen Torwenys- youngest hunter of the tribe, naïve,  is dating Danniestra (PC) -  abstract willow cloak 

Quithanna Modrehindresh - fisherwoman,  saved from Chuuls by PCs -  pink flower cloak. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3

Not happy with this. 

the colors are muddled 
Its not pretty.   this is supposed to be the foundation of these beautiful cloaks - and is certainly enchanted to change appearance>

It should absoultely not look like crap. 

warlcok.jpg

• Like 5

I'd say repaint. The front looks much brighter and friendlier. And since you're not happy with the back side anyway you'll always be unhappy when looking at her. 

Then again - as the warlock she's maybe earned the right to live in two paintings at the same time?

• Like 3

After the fixed picture above  I dont hate it anymore, but I still don't like it either. 
so today I went back to working on the backdrop.   base canvas, and while it my be my fav of the canvases, wont work with a bridge,  So I also updated the emerald dream verticle canvas.

no bridge canvas.jpg

diorma3.jpg

• Like 5

I need to start working on that bridge!   
need to go buy more popsicle sticks - apparently I have been saving 2 different sizes of wooden sticks, and still dont have enough for an arch across 7" |
I did  remove the back of the cloak with simple green and a toothbrush ,  and its primed for a new design -

I considered showing the cloak transforming from one design to another ...  but not sure I can sell the design visually. 

• Like 3