Encounter at Ash Mountain- Diorama

Fencig

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Awesome work, I like the story and your diorama is very well done. I like how each character has its place in the scene. 👍

thanks, your Dioramas are killer so I'm sure you know how challenging it is to lay one of these out. Ideally, this one could have been bigger, but bigger is harder to photograph without blurring the sides, so it's a compromise. Could have gone a little wider on the wall.  The thief was the last addition,and Ironically may favorite paint of the 4 smaller ones. It helped break up  the 2- dimensional  feel of the original and put the broken door piece in a better spot too. I think that's also part of the fun , the scene evolves as you work on it, and while it's never perfect, it gets better with time and patience. This one is 90% done, but i got the urge to post it as is for now.

4 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great job!  I really like the skin on the fire giant.

Thank you, I am slowly accumulating quite the assortment of Giants, so I'm trying not to the the exact same thing on all of them. For this one, i was going for an " ashy" look, while trying not to do a Stone giant type skin. I'm content with it.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Supercool!

thanks GW, it's been 10 months since my last display post. Feels good to be back

• Like 3

Thanks is outstanding. Things like the blending, osl on the wizard, etc. are all great. But, the thing I love the most is how light from the fire giant's chamber is pouring out onto the floor and the adventurers. Great touch 

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:29 PM, Rigel said:

Fantastic! Love the massive ruined door, the knight's shield, the OSL on our wizard...it all rocks! 

On 3/21/2022 at 11:07 AM, Iridil said:

Wonderful diorama - really tells the story! Love the door

thanks, the door was a big effort but eventually well worth it.  You never really know when your hack-sawing and hammering on Brass sheet what you'll get until it opens and closes smoothly. The hinges need some weathering but they're close

On 3/22/2022 at 8:31 PM, AlonTey said:

Oh dang, I both had no idea that fire giant mini existed nor that I needed it in my life until I saw your take on it.  Perfect, dead ringer old school vibes from this piece.

it's not one you see often for some reason, but it's a cool sculpt and you get your money's worth=  big hunk of metal.

Here he is next to Ral Partha Cloud Giant 01-109, that i believe is the biggest giant they released? I just picked this up from Ral Partha Legacy brand new (I already primer painted) .

Same height, but the Fire giant is even heavier. 

P1020529.thumb.JPG.5299a222fd88d140498cb1d66e536d16.JPG

• Like 3