Chaoswolf

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they do do that, don't they?

not sure about the skull faced pharaoh either, but ah well

also after seeing the turn around of chonk dragon, i definitely don't want it. it's a nice sculpt, just not waht i look for in a dragon

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

they do do that, don't they?

not sure about the skull faced pharaoh either, but ah well

also after seeing the turn around of chonk dragon, i definitely don't want it. it's a nice sculpt, just not waht i look for in a dragon

So, when Warlord was a going concern as a miniatures wargame, Reaper had three factions that were primarily (un)death-aspected -

the Necropolis was mostly gothic horror - zombies and vampires, ghouls and ghasts and necromancers, gargoyles, skeletons and things that go bump in the night, with a side of slavers and pit-fighters.

Razig and his crew were, unlike the other factions, all and strictly about the dead dudes - think Pirates of the Caribbean. 

Nefsokar was more mixed - everything has a very strong Nile river valley theme to it (pharaohs and alligator monsters, animal-headed avatars and scorpion-men and mummies... lots of mummies), and more than one figure bears a striking resemblance to some of Eddie's more Egyptian appearances. I'm wondering if this isn't the influence that Reaper is drawing from - if not a direct linkage to the Nefsokar, than similar lineage of inspiration.

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

image.png.0c9378322b0ee8941ad6ab3980c9555c.pngThis guy is the perfect example of that.  Is that a human wizard?  No, he's listed as a half-elf monk.  So... who buys it right?  Well, me because I always need hooded characters but yeah, buyers are strange.

That is because it is our favorite beardless wizard... @Pezler the Polychromatic! [PS, he's still waiting for flumphs]

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Because its Reaper.  They put skulls on everything.  Its actually kind of annoying.

Ooooooooo, then you're not going to like the Imperium from 40K..........................

9 minutes ago, Corsair said:

That is because it is our favorite beardless wizard... @Pezler the Polychromatic! [PS, he's still waiting for flumphs]

Couldn't be me, needs more mischief in that face. :devil:

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have a feeling this will be the first Bones KS I will resist.

Waiting to see that tomb of Hakir.

Hoping for a wow there.

I'm in the same position. There's no 'must have' for me at the moment, but if Hakir contains enough then I may be in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Because its Reaper.  They put skulls on everything.  It's actually kind of annoying.

No, that is GW. Reaper puts melons on anything that is female. 

Reaper does like their skulls and undead. Won't really put them on figures that they have no place being on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

No, that is GW. Reaper puts melons on anything that is female. 

Reaper does like their skulls and undead. Won't really put them on figures that they have no place being on.

In a Bill Clinton voice:" I Like Melons!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Ooooooooo, then you're not going to like the Imperium from 40K..........................

its fine for the context of the Imperium, but when I want a fence I dont need skulls on every fence post...Graveyard or not I want to use the fence for a mannor or something.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Walkingbass said:

I’ve recently bought my first big dragon miniature, a Wizkids gargantuan white dragon, but the kids have talked me into painting it in Dragonite’s colours from Pokémon. So an orange dragon it is! 😂

I think you’re thinking of Charizard.  Orange with blue wing membranes.  Someone on discord posted a great Narthrax or Kyphrixis as Charizard.

Dragonite is more of a tan/yellow color, IIRC.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, izzylobo said:

Nefsokar was more mixed - everything has a very strong Nile river valley theme to it (pharaohs and alligator monsters, animal-headed avatars and scorpion-men and mummies... lots of mummies), and more than one figure bears a striking resemblance to some of Eddie's more Egyptian appearances. I'm wondering if this isn't the influence that Reaper is drawing from - if not a direct linkage to the Nefsokar, than similar lineage of inspiration.

I don't know about the influences, but the sculptor is the same. Julie Guthrie did most of the Nefsokar faction, and the wall and column has her look and feel to it.  Very likely her husband Bob Ridolfi is involved, as he usually does both skeletons and terrain pieces.  They did the huge Dragons Don't Share pieces (dragon and castle) and Bob's done several sarcophagi, crypts and altars with similar textures. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

I think you’re thinking of Charizard.  Orange with blue wing membranes.  Someone on discord posted a great Narthrax or Kyphrixis as Charizard.

Dragonite is more of a tan/yellow color, IIRC.

Dragonite is definitely a light orange.  Charizard is a somewhat darker orange, though the coloration is not all that different.  I really wish I didn't know that, or that I had no idea what we are talking about, but I have kids and here we are.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Because its Reaper.  They put skulls on everything.  Its actually kind of annoying.

i thought only GW suffered from Skull syndrome...

sanjay

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Dragonite is definitely a light orange.  Charizard is a somewhat darker orange, though the coloration is not all that different.  I really wish I didn't know that, or that I had no idea what we are talking about, but I have kids and here we are.

My youngest (8) thinks the owlbears in the encounter set are the different evolutions of a pokemón. The chubs evolve into the adult, and the totem is the final EX form. It’s a ground/fighting type, apparently. I told him it’s an owlbear, and he nodded sagely with a finger to his lips. His assent is magnanimous. 

I’m getting two, so I can paint one how _I_ want. His is gonna be blue or orange or something. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 12