Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

I called it on the Discord forum before the reveal. I said the surprise would be a Chub hatching out of an egg. Is it scary that I have figured out how Ron Hawkins thinks? He probably is searching his offices for hidden cameras as we speak. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.png.6daa1d7ca0280b0ac81f3a709b27f955.png

Absolutely love that they have the al-mi'raj now, though I swear that @Reaper Ron is adding every Fiend Folio creature except flumphs just to vex me. You vex me, sir! *shakes fist at sky*

So are you now flumph frustrated and flummoxed? Our new word for the day is "Flumphoxed"

• Haha 11

that's annoying. 

I don't want the core. 
except for the ant queen, shambling mound, dancing tiefling, ... Werebear and the last two.  
I guess this is why I have a spreadsheet that compares retail of stuff I really want to the KS price of everything. 

still on the fence about Hakir expansion, I like what I have been shown so far.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Only my opinion, but I don’t not think they are going to hold to the no Core Set splitting. Maybe I’m wrong, but I seem to remember them saying the same thing with Bones 5 as well, and then in the last week or two they did split it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Only my opinion, but I don’t not think they are going to hold to the no Core Set splitting. Maybe I’m wrong, but I seem to remember them saying the same thing with Bones 5 as well, and then in the last week or two they did split it. 

Technically, they've already broken it with the Ants. 

If I remember right, they said they weren't going to do it with Bones 5, then caved in and did it, but bundled a bunch of stuff together, like all the elves, most of the monsters, etc. 

My guess is that they will only break out the things they know they will sell a thousand or more add ons of.  I think Wolf Pack will be broken out, though I'm not sure if the Warg will be included , or left in the core set like the Queen bee. I'm hoping the Town Guard will be broken out as well. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

If I remember right, they said they weren't going to do it with Bones 5, then caved in and did it, but bundled a bunch of stuff together, like all the elves, most of the monsters, etc. 

My guess is that they will only break out the things they know they will sell a thousand or more add ons of.  I think Wolf Pack will be broken out, though I'm not sure if the Warg will be included , or left in the core set like the Queen bee. I'm hoping the Town Guard will be broken out as well. 

Yea They said they would take it on more of a case by case  basis. My 2 cents. The argument against breaking it up seem to me to be too much floor space during fulfillment. Not to be rude but We are heading to a lot less add-ons/Expansions/encounters... is that really a problem compared to last time?

AJ

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I'll be honest, I hadn't considered that a split, since they had stuff separately from the split before like "Orcageddon!" that was multiples of stuff from the Core, as its own add-on, in Bones 1 and such.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Absolutely love that they have the al-mi'raj now, though I swear that @Reaper Ron is adding every Fiend Folio creature except flumphs just to vex me. You vex me, sir! *shakes fist at sky*

If that's the case, I can't complain; I'd love to see (after paging through the old Fiend Folio...) some aarakocra, some bullywugs, drow, an ettercap, an iron cobra, some jermlaines, kuo-toa, a necrophidius, norkers, osquips, a penanggalan, screaming devilkin, skulks, volts, or xvarts.  There are lots more creatures (including some rather silly ones, like adherers) to get through without turning to flumphs.

That said, I'm on board for some flumphs too.  Also, the Fiend Folio, despite a few ridiculous entries, is actually packed with great monsters.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

If that's the case, I can't complain; I'd love to see (after paging through the old Fiend Folio...) some aarakocra, some bullywugs, drow, an ettercap, an iron cobra, some jermlaines, kuo-toa, a necrophidius, norkers, osquips, a penanggalan, screaming devilkin, skulks, volts, or xvarts.  There are lots more creatures (including some rather silly ones, like adherers) to get through without turning to flumphs.

That said, I'm on board for some flumphs too.  Also, the Fiend Folio, despite a few ridiculous entries, is actually packed with great monsters.

Kuo-Toa/Deep Ones are definitely one of the Encounters...uh, Legendary Tales coming up.  In the same style as those in Bones already.

I'm thinking there's also Bullywugs coming in the Bog one, but that's just a guess.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Kuo-Toa/Deep Ones are definitely one of the Encounters...uh, Legendary Tales coming up.  In the same style as those in Bones already.

I'm thinking there's also Bullywugs coming in the Bog one, but that's just a guess.

I didn't think of the deep ones as kuo-toa, but you are right on that.  They really do have quite a few Fiend Folio monsters in this Kickstarter.  I'm hoping for bullywugs, but they haven't shown us anything yet that clearly indicates that.  We will see.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I still want to sculpt Eddie someday, but...IP.

JUST DO IT! After all, didn't seem to bother HEX3D 🙂 Come on, Iron Maiden and Bruce Dickinson (Yes, the REAL Bruce Dickinson) would probably be flattered! 

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

You can sculpt him all you want, you just can’t sell him 🤣

I am sure no one would mind:)

Seriously, I'd love to see an expansion/add-on of Eddie from different Album Covers! I worked at Music Plus back in the day, and Iron Maiden's Live after Death album had just came out. When the promo was over, I was allowed to take a bunch of the posters home. I had three of them  over my bedroom window. Loved working there.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

I didn't think of the deep ones as kuo-toa, but you are right on that.  They really do have quite a few Fiend Folio monsters in this Kickstarter.  I'm hoping for bullywugs, but they haven't shown us anything yet that clearly indicates that.  We will see.

It'll be as close as anyone gets, since Kuo-Toa are actually WotC IP so you can't call your fishmen/frogmen that without licensing.

6 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

It'll be as close as anyone gets, since Kuo-Toa are actually WotC IP so you can't call your fishmen/frogmen that without licensing.

Actually, Bullywugs are too, but Frogmen pop up everywhere.  I think Reaper's current ones are Squogs?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

sad the owlbear hatchling is locked to the core, would have been a fun addition to the owlbear encounter

Yeah, that's kind of a bummer.  I expected it to be added to the encounter set. 

2 hours ago, MoonKing said:

It's to help boost the core set for people who like the owlbear add-on. It's a smart move by Reaper. 

It's a move that just annoys me. I don't like the core set enough to drop $120, and knowing I have to buy the Core to get the owlbear egg doesn't improve my opinion of it.   Further, people with Core who don't want owlbears are stuck with a "worthless" hatchling.  

We've been saying it for YEARS Reaper, put like items together in sets. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1