Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

EPIC has this ( 3D STL File to be printed) 

1599815705_Schermafbeelding2022-04-20182703.jpg.fc99c8e4d2c4b6245de3eb55399f1311.jpg

I do have that Epic one

Yah that guy was a pain in the butt to print out for some reason, pre & supports I did myself. I ended up turning him on his side & went that way. Of course, after I get him printed out & I sprayed a dark brown basecoat on him. I got my Bones 5 Core Set. :lol:

Speaking of females, I find it odd that the giants from Nolzur's (minus the hill & storm) are all female. Since they are re-doing a bunch of older sculpt/combos, I've love them to swap the genders out next time around. A all female expansion would be interesting. Give use some creatures like you said but also, give us some creatures that are only female. Give us something like the Ruskala:

4F0NlRnVjBl-gNLWeu4khSd3KAP_JL1JA5MY3xn5

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

dang that would be nice in briarwood vale with the rest of the bees 😛

Yeah, too bad it's in core, I'll probably never get one now, since it won't see retail for years. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

not bad. but now i have the bones one so im good 🙂  

i'll say it again. some folks posted an Ormyrr. havent heard of that monster in many years, but that would be nice. most newer players probably have never heard of it.

more beholder kin versions

the slaadi lords

primus

thesselhydra

etc

so much stuff that no ones made (at least not good) models of.

sanjay

LTM3NDAuanBlZw.jpeg

????? :lol:

(yes I know who Primus is, btw)

9 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

image.jpeg.574bca09ace7cb776b647be3d60f954c.jpeg

Honeythorn Lancer vs Roderick & Glitter diorama commence!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, haldir said:

give us some creatures that are only female. Give us something like the Ruskala:

Yes, please!

Rusalka

Glaistig

Huldrefolk (both the cow/fox tail version and the ‘hollow back like a rotted tree’ version)

Nixies

Naiads

Selkies

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Yeah, too bad it's in core, I'll probably never get one now, since it won't see retail for years. 

i'm still waiting on things from bones 4 and bones 5 to hit retail =/

Blacksting

Blacktooth

Raptor pack from bones 4 has been out of stock for 2 years 

Asian dragon 

honestly at this rate i kind of figure what i dont 'get in the KS, i just won't get sadly

on a more positive note, i'm hoping for more interesting encounters like the Owlbears, and for more dragons and big beasties

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

It would be nice to see more female figures. Reaper used to be more equal when it came to offering both sexes when it came to minis. that has changed in the last couple of years. 

Yes and no. They always were male skewed, but when Sandra Garrity was a sculptor, there were a lot more balanced female figures on a regular basis. She did princesses, warrior girls, clothed, less-clothed, armored, and reasonably proportioned. There are still some being made, but less often. Reaper has also leaned into the cartoonish style more and more, especially with the Bones figures. The cartoonish style loans itself well to water-balloon-bosoms, which isn't all bad. But.... they really need to get more balance back, especially when it is repeatedly requested.

On the bee lancer? I love the figure. It is an amazing sculpt. Wish it was in BWV with the rest of the bees. It isn't enough to pull me into the core set. I'd drop some money for it alone though!

Dragon: I still suspect that it wasn't really intentional on excluding that wing membrane in the sculpt. People can be dumb and oblivious, and sculpts do often change from the concept. Make a fuss and get it added in before the final version goes out!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Dragon: I still suspect that it wasn't really intentional on excluding that wing membrane in the sculpt. People can be dumb and oblivious, and sculpts do often change from the concept. Make a fuss and get it added in before the final version goes out!

i made a comment in the KS comments, KS recent update comments, and on a facebook post about the new update. Just to try and be seen, and i'll probably get flooded out of at least one or two of those locations before anyone at Reaper sees it

here's hoping it was just a casual mistake or not referencing the concept art much for the wings, and it can be added in

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I have to say when I saw it first mentioned I was a bit skeptical.  My first reaction was that it was a bit nitpicky.  However, I went back and looked at the concept art and the preview model and I also think it looks better with the membrane added.  

• Like 8

@haldir I would love a mini for a Rusalka!

As things are right now I will wait for retail for the minis that I like so far.

There hasn't been a real wow for me yet and I feel bad about waiting two years this time.

Never bothered me before but with the current events I have a bad feeling about waiting so long.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i made a comment in the KS comments, KS recent update comments, and on a facebook post about the new update. Just to try and be seen, and i'll probably get flooded out of at least one or two of those locations before anyone at Reaper sees it

here's hoping it was just a casual mistake or not referencing the concept art much for the wings, and it can be added in

3FCAC071-0CFA-4AAF-A7AC-1FDAD43DE32B.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

image.jpeg.574bca09ace7cb776b647be3d60f954c.jpeg

There is a tiny bee knight riding a larger, bumblier, bee.  Amazing.  Miniatures have peaked as an art.

Really hoping this guy gets to be an add on as well as being in the core.  No way I can justify getting more than one core but my wife has already expressed a powerful need for at least one more of these.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

yay! now none of us have to green stuff it in

No, but now I have to go back and fix EVERY OTHER DRAGON EVER. Thanks a lot for ruining my ignorant bliss...

• Haha 15