Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

4 minutes ago, AlonTey said:

Really hoping this guy gets to be an add on as well as being in the core.  No way I can justify getting more than one core but my wife has already expressed a powerful need for at least one more of these.

Keep your fingers crossed on them relenting and deciding to split out the core set. There are several figures I'd like multiples of (besides the ants), but definitely not enough to get more than 1 core set.

• Like 10

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i made a comment in the KS comments, KS recent update comments, and on a facebook post about the new update. Just to try and be seen, and i'll probably get flooded out of at least one or two of those locations before anyone at Reaper sees it

here's hoping it was just a casual mistake or not referencing the concept art much for the wings, and it can be added in

Curiosity finally got the best of me, and I looked at the original art versus the sculpt and I was practically light-blinded at the glaring omission. I’d never really examined dragon wing anatomy before, and now that I’ve seen what you were asking for…I’m thankful Ron agreed to get that straightened out. Thank you for crusading to get it fixed!! 😇

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i had to correct my mistake in make you not want it anymore 😞

You should get a commission off of each one sold since you’re convincing so many people to get it now. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

On the bee lancer? I love the figure. It is an amazing sculpt. Wish it was in BWV with the rest of the bees. It isn't enough to pull me into the core set. I'd drop some money for it alone though!

Ditto.  Love the figure, but have lived without it so far and managed to find other things to paint. 

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Keep your fingers crossed on them relenting and deciding to split out the core set. There are several figures I'd like multiples of (besides the ants), but definitely not enough to get more than 1 core set.

There are two or three things in Core I'd buy separately, not enough there to get me to buy the whole set though.  I hope they reconsider and separate some of it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'm still waiting on things from bones 4 and bones 5 to hit retail =/

Blacksting

Blacktooth

Raptor pack from bones 4 has been out of stock for 2 years 

Asian dragon 

honestly at this rate i kind of figure what i dont 'get in the KS, i just won't get sadly

on a more positive note, i'm hoping for more interesting encounters like the Owlbears, and for more dragons and big beasties

It took months for the ogres from one of the KS to get a restock.

This is one of the HUGE problems with having overseas manufacturing.  The boat/container/etc... probably has to hit a certain threshold before it makes sense to make an order.  You're not going to want to order 1 ogre.  I can't imagine the havok that plays with the demand system though.  At my old gig we'd have to manually go in and check those anomaly's out to figure out if something wasn't selling or if it'd just been out of stock for a long time and to be prepared for it to be a huge seller and may need more picking face space when it was back in.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, haldir said:

The wings don't bother me at all, the oval base is what I don't like. Sometimes concept art isn't followed all the way. I've seen numerous times where the art is shown & looks awesome & the figure comes out different. Thou this time, I have no idea why it wasn't added. The sculpt is pretty much the same, minus the missing membranes.

I am not a fan of the oval base style. It's just look off when you compare it to long standing square & round base styles. As I said before I'm hoping that it's not attached & can be used or not.  …

Personally, I like oval bases, and have been using them for individual creatures in games where a round base would be too big.  My mass battle figures are generally mounted on rectangles, but I like to avoid the 90 degree angles on figures intended to be used alone.  This scene, from a game in 2019, has rectangular group bases, an older “upright” figure on a round base, and a vintage Superior styracosaur on an oval.

But, it’s a taste issue, so nobody else is obliged to like them.

9BD121BA-7952-4341-A2EE-7B79B8BBECF1.jpeg

• Like 13

Yeah I have no issues with an oval base. Round can be fine. Oval can be fine. Square can be fine. I don't particularly care as long as the figure sits on it well enough.

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 5

Yeah, I don't really worry to much about base types, either.

27 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I don't particularly care if the figure sits on it well enough.

That is a very good way to look at it, IMO.

• Like 3

base wise, i don't care much myself. I prefer rounded bases (circle or oval) over square bases, just because i like how they look better. it's nice when a base has some sculpted on texture or terrain rather than broccoli or plain

for my husband, as long as it fits inside the right amount of squares on his grid mat for the creature size, he's happy

• Like 6