Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really characterful Dwarves, and Sir Forscale chasing a skeletal dog that is hinted at being from the Denizens Expansion,  are the new stuff from the latest update.

Love all the different helmets on those dwarves.

Image 4-22-22 at 4.20 PM.jpg

Image 4-22-22 at 4.21 PM.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Looter said:

So is anyone else worried that with just over a week left we are still below day 2 of Bones V?  I am kind of blown away by that.

Nah,  I'm relatively certain Reaper wouldn't tease anything they did not think they could get funding for .  It'll go out with a big bang. 

2 hours ago, MoonglowMinis said:

What an update!  They fixed the wings and added a KS Exclusive Death Knight.  $35 add-on.  Pretty sweat!

The dragon looks great and I love the addition of the death knight. Almost makes me want to pledge for it.  I should probably paint my Ral Partha dragons first though. 

Dorfs. Meh. 

Glad the owlbears are sure thing, but didn't have any doubt we'd reach funding for those. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

so a quick mash up of what i'm thinking. I know it's 2 years away, but i always get a 'feel' for what i want a dragon to look like the first time i see it and this is what i imagined for this guy 

we will see if the sculpt itself ( i had ot use the concept art, as i didn't have a good clear picture of the ssculpt to use) will have scales suitable for such a color scheme 

KS6Dragon3.png

That would be an incredible paint scheme!  Very spooky.

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Some really characterful Dwarves, and Sir Forscale chasing a skeletal dog that is hinted at being from the Denizens Expansion,  are the new stuff from the latest update.

Love all the different helmets on those dwarves.

Image 4-22-22 at 4.20 PM.jpg

Image 4-22-22 at 4.21 PM.jpg

I like the more unique dwarf sculpts.  Shame there aren't any women dwarves though.  Especially after getting a bunch of Dwarves in B5.

Delighted that we'll be getting more skeletal hounds to go with the houndmaster in core.  I don't mind them spreading out similar concepts through multiple sets.  It's a little tricky, but i respect that it might be the straw that makes people cave and get one they were on the fence about.  Though I was anticipating spending a lot on this one anyways.

In general, it's nice to see the big up-tick in pledges today!  That's how you get the momentum going.  Better late than never.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, MoonglowMinis said:

I like the more unique dwarf sculpts.  Shame there aren't any women dwarves though.  Especially after getting a bunch of Dwarves in B5.

Maybe they are all dwarf women, but with beards. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Dunno if Reaper is taking suggestions for Bones 7 😛 but similar the interchangeable town guard parts, I'd like to see them for heroes as well. However, I think Reaper should do some research on existing miniature skirmish games (eg. Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes, Lasting Tales) to get a better idea of what armor / weapon / class / race loadouts they should have. For example, with Blacklist Game's Lasting Tales, I have an Elf Ranger with a spear and crossbow. Sure, Elf Rangers are commonplace, but good luck finding one with a crossbow and a spear. Osprey miniatures has sprues to make miniatures, but an advantage Bones plastic has is that you can drill to make the heads, hands, etc. swappable. (Yes, you can convert. No, it's not as easy as some modelers think, since heads, weapons, etc. are sometimes molded into the body.) The miniatures will not look as good as the poses for non-interchangeable miniatures, but at least us gamers will have miniatures that better match the character concepts. Of course, 3D printing is another solution, but an expensive one with additional work.

• Like 7

MoonGlowMinis already stated my thoughts on the dwarves. Nice dwarves. I'm disappointed entirely.

The dragon is great. Don't give a hoot around the rider personally, but I like that others like it.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Anyone else think they should throw in a free Sir Forscale miniature with the big dragon?  You know, so the dragon has a snack somebody to fight.

I ask for Sir Forscale every time. Seeing him in every picture and not getting him is too much for my goblin brain. He's as iconic as Sophie at this point. Thankfully I've invested in a metal one, but I could use a few more to pepper throughout the collection.

I'm very excited about the hundreds of other models I'll be backing though.

• Like 5

I dont suppose theyve mentioned what the material for the dragon will be have they?  Hopefully BonesUSA or Black?  Regular bonesium would be pretty disappointing because the deathknight will suffer greatly for it (even if the dragon would be more or less fine)...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JGF said:

I dont suppose theyve mentioned what the material for the dragon will be have they?  Hopefully BonesUSA or Black?  Regular bonesium would be pretty disappointing because the deathknight will suffer greatly for it (even if the dragon would be more or less fine)...

I doubt it'll be BUSA, the lich might be in that material thou. Most likely regular Bones material.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JGF said:

My guess is Classic for the dragon and Black for the rider.  I think it would be a packaging headache to make the death knight in the US and the dragon in China.  I wouldn't worry about quality issues.  They've got it pretty hammered out at this point.  Even in the last KS there were models that had different formulations on different parts - like the encounter sets.

• Like 5