Jump to content

Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary


Chaoswolf

Recommended Posts

Thought about it a long time last night and I'm going to skip the Core set.  It's tempting to get it for just the 5-6 figures I want and try and sell the rest, but given that a hundred other people will be doing the same and I'm not hearing gushing comments about all the dwarves or the recasts of Sophie, it's probably more hassle than I want to deal with.  So I won't get an owlbear egg or the ant queen but I've lived my life without one so far, and I can think of things I can get right now for $120 that will thrill me just as much. 

 

I'm still excited to see the rest of Hakir and whatever else gets unveiled today. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Thought about it a long time last night and I'm going to skip the Core set.  It's tempting to get it for just the 5-6 figures I want and try and sell the rest, but given that a hundred other people will be doing the same and I'm not hearing gushing comments about all the dwarves or the recasts of Sophie, it's probably more hassle than I want to deal with.  So I won't get an owlbear egg or the ant queen but I've lived my life without one so far, and I can think of things I can get right now for $120 that will thrill me just as much. 

 

I'm still excited to see the rest of Hakir and whatever else gets unveiled today. 

 

 

I’m with you on the core set. I’ve been to so many ReaperCons that I have a bunch of the core set in metal already. Furthermore, I’ve got a ton of stuff from Bones V that was also already owned by me in metal that showed up as plastic. So the core set only has a few niche things that I don’t have and would like to have. I’m not mad about it. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I continue to be irritable about the lighthouse meme.

 

The idea of a lighthouse/watchtower whatever the heck else model, I remain cautiously into; the concept art is solid and the fluff excellent; I am a hundred percent here for that! 

I'm still going to wait on a solid decision until I've seen the model in.. well, green. Or whatever colour the render comes out, assuming it's going to be built on 3d render. Whichever; I would like to see that before I get too excited. 

 

Heck that meme, though. Props to everybody for keeping it going, but heck it to the depths of heck. ^^;

 

Now, about those dragons.... ^_^ 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Heck that meme, though. Props to everybody for keeping it going, but heck it to the depths of heck. ^^;

Well, at least having to endure the meme resulted in something that lots of people want.  Doesn't change how annoying it was, though.  I'd have preferred something else to the lighthouse.  Maybe a smaller ship, maybe an airship, a new Nethyrmaul in the original unreduced size, etc.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I continue to be irritable about the lighthouse meme.

 

The idea of a lighthouse/watchtower whatever the heck else model, I remain cautiously into; the concept art is solid and the fluff excellent; I am a hundred percent here for that! 

I'm still going to wait on a solid decision until I've seen the model in.. well, green. Or whatever colour the render comes out, assuming it's going to be built on 3d render. Whichever; I would like to see that before I get too excited. 

 

Heck that meme, though. Props to everybody for keeping it going, but heck it to the depths of heck. ^^;

 

Now, about those dragons.... ^_^ 

 

what they need now is a massive leviathan the size of the ship 😄

 

AND with spelljammer coming for a new generation, a massive whale like that could be perfect to modify the eyes to make a Great Dreamer 🙂


SAnjay

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Adrift said:

I’m with you on the core set. I’ve been to so many ReaperCons that I have a bunch of the core set in metal already. Furthermore, I’ve got a ton of stuff from Bones V that was also already owned by me in metal that showed up as plastic. So the core set only has a few niche things that I don’t have and would like to have. I’m not mad about it. 

 

same

 

selling is just too much of a hassle when i only want 5 or so minis from the core. that is a LOT of minis to try and unload

 

i think i won't get the lighthouse. We'd never use it, it might not cast well, etc. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the concept art.  I enjoy the unexpected spin on the design.  I appreciate that it's smaller than requested.  I even appreciate Reaper catering to their fanbase.

I can't stand that the constant annoying behavior was rewarded.  It just means we're going to see more of that.

I don't mind an in-joke getting made.  The Dire Cabbage is a weird model, but at the end of the day, it's just one little figure.  It's not taking up the slot of what could have been more-versatile and useable encounter.

I just dread the precedent that's been set for rewarding spamming.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MoonglowMinis said:

I like the concept art.  I enjoy the unexpected spin on the design.  I appreciate that it's smaller than requested.  I even appreciate Reaper catering to their fanbase.

I can't stand that the constant annoying behavior was rewarded.  It just means we're going to see more of that.

I don't mind an in-joke getting made.  The Dire Cabbage is a weird model, but at the end of the day, it's just one little figure.  It's not taking up the slot of what could have been more-versatile and useable encounter.

I just dread the precedent that's been set for rewarding spamming.

 

Totally agree with this one.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But there was precedent for "spamming helps" already. The best way to get into the kickstarter/Fan Favorites Expansion was spamming KS and Twitch Comments and hoping it'd catch on and others repeated your spam already. Some figures in the last two kickstarters had me go "really? That guy seemed really annoying about this idea".  If they reall truely hated the whole "lighthouse" thing they didn't have to show the facebook memes in their channel or constantly answer those comments. It's the internet, "don't feed the trolls".

 

I mean, I even like the concept and will most likely get it, but I agree, not a fan of everyone spamming their requests. At the same time you kinda feel stupid for not spamming and just mentioning your things once or twice in the "Bones you'd like to see" or comments, so I can't blame anyone. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

 

I'm still going to wait on a solid decision until I've seen the model in.. well, green. Or whatever colour the render comes out, assuming it's going to be built on 3d render. Whichever; I would like to see that before I get too excited. 

 

 

 

Now, about those dragons.... ^_^ 

 

If it helps, Jason Weibe is supposed to be working on it. I don't know if you like his style or not.

 

We do seem to be short a few dragons.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I mean, I even like the concept and will most likely get it, but I agree, not a fan of everyone spamming their requests. At the same time you kinda feel stupid for not spamming and just mentioning your things once or twice in the "Bones you'd like to see" or comments, so I can't blame anyone. 

Yeah.  It feels like you get ignored for being polite.  I do my best to keep my eyes peeled for others posting the ideas I've mentioned and seconding them.  So instead of spamming what I want every day I try to support others for mentioning it.

There just needs to be a better method.  The thread is a good place, and I'm pleased to see how many ideas from that thread have been getting made this time.  Though it seems to be a slower method.  Things you put in there usually don't appear until the NEXT KS.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...