Jump to content

Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary


Chaoswolf

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Magnus Brickson said:

Just got a promotion at work. Get to throw more money in the pledge manager when it goes live.

 

And regards to the "Mummy Queen" model, the preliminary sculpt doesn't look very undead to me. Which is fine if they drop "mummy" description. Currently could make a nice desert sorceress villain. I like her and hope she shows up in retail.

Congrats on the promotion!!!

 

As for the mummy queen not looking very undead, there's a cool Paizo adventure (The Pact Stone Pyramid) where one of the undead is a female mummy who has been casting Gentle Repose on herself to preserve her looks. But her art has obvious mummy wrappings for clothing, with maybe a bare midriff etc. This figure doesn't look like it's wearing mummy wrappings.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Magnus Brickson said:

Just got a promotion at work. Get to throw more money in the pledge manager when it goes live.

 

And regards to the "Mummy Queen" model, the preliminary sculpt doesn't look very undead to me. Which is fine if they drop "mummy" description. Currently could make a nice desert sorceress villain. I like her and hope she shows up in retail.

I suspect that her wrappings and fine details for her crown are some of the details still missing. I think she will be "mummied" by the time Reaper reveals her final sculpt. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reaper in the past has done multiple mummy queens, this one in particular is a favorite of mine:

 

14081_p_1_mj.jpg

14081: HUMAN SORCERER, NETIKERTI

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Reaper in the past has done multiple mummy queens, this one in particular is a favorite of mine:

 

14081_p_1_mj.jpg

14081: HUMAN SORCERER, NETIKERTI

 

If I remember correctly a few of the Warlords heroes were actually living priestesses wearing funerary garb in lore.

 

Reaper's previous  female Mummy in Bones had that issue of looking like a Spirit sexy Halloween costume:

 

 

03854_p_1_af.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hakir is the main reason I did my first ever pledge. Can't wait for that terrain and the gods and mummies look like loads of fun to paint. Other than that the anniversary dragon really got my attention. I may add the owlbear set during the pledge manager phase unless something else catches my eye.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2022 at 5:49 AM, Cintra said:

Congrats on the promotion!!!

 

As for the mummy queen not looking very undead, there's a cool Paizo adventure (The Pact Stone Pyramid) where one of the undead is a female mummy who has been casting Gentle Repose on herself to preserve her looks. But her art has obvious mummy wrappings for clothing, with maybe a bare midriff etc. This figure doesn't look like it's wearing mummy wrappings.

Could be "Mummy Queen" as in living Necromancer Queen over an undead/reanimated army of mummies.

GEM

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

im not sure what to choose when the pledge manager is ready.  I kinda wish i didnt bid anything now. (I lowered my pledge on the last day from 125 to 100) ...

 

sanjay

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, StarFyre said:

im not sure what to choose when the pledge manager is ready.  I kinda wish i didnt bid anything now. (I lowered my pledge on the last day from 125 to 100) ...

 

sanjay

You can get a refund if you are serious about this.  After 14 days, you would lose 10% of the amount paid. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It amazes me when people say here that they don't see anything they want.  I suppose if you already have thousands of miniatures, the offerings may almost all be duplicates, but if that is the case and you don't want duplicates, why would you expect to find anything?  If you think these minis are not good value, then you are probably asking too much; yes, the price per figure is not quite as good as it has been before, but costs and uncertainty have gone up, and the value is still very good despite that.  If you think the quality of the sculpts is not good enough, your standards are just too high.  Sure, there are going to be things you don't like.  There are plenty of things here I don't particularly like, but there are so many other options too.  I just don't understand the "none of these are worth buying" crowd.  At all.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess my expectations were too high. I expected Reaper to continue to evolve its offerings, and instead we got zombies, dwarves, orcs and other common sculpts of a variety that can be had nearly anywhere.  Its definitely a good value, and the sculpting is great but it feels like it fell short of previous creative attempts.   Even last night on the Twitch stream Ron said they had some great encounter sets that didn't get revealed, and I'm still wondering why.   If you're talking up new products that much, and want people to fund it, you've got to show something.

 

That said, there was plenty I liked, and put money down for.  However,  I've also realized that my interests have evolved beyond Reaper.  There's nothing wrong with having high standards, and other companies meet those expectations in creativity and originality. 

 

20 hours ago, Serenity said:

You can get a refund if you are serious about this.  After 14 days, you would lose 10% of the amount paid. 

 

Definitely, if you are that unhappy with the project. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I think I've got enough Bones miniatures that I'm to the point that my next Bones KS will be a Chronoscope related one. 

Now as to whether or not that will ever happen...

I’m sure they’re always looking for ways to grow and evolve to make money. They know the numbers that Chronoscope has done in previous Bones KSers, but that was also a situation in which they were ‘competing’ against other sets/add-ons. A stand alone may do surprisingly well with no other competitive pieces to ‘detract’, but it may also do a little as they’ve seen with other Chronoscope offerings. Idk. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

If they were to do a Chronoscope KS, I think it might do alright,  especially if they have realistic expectations for it.

They'd be able to make smaller, more focused groups of figures rather than cowboys, zombies, and superheroes all in one group together like they've done the past few KS campaigns. I would imagine that would be more appealing to people. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...