Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Not only that, Julie Guthrie mentioned in Twitch chat the other day that she has another dragon bust that they didn't get to either. 

I'm not even going to pretend to understand the logic behind this campaign. 

Dang...I would have LOVED another Julie Guthrie dragon bust

And that dragon is wonderful, huge shame...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Dang...I would have LOVED another Julie Guthrie dragon bust

And that dragon is wonderful, huge shame...

I would have also liked that dragon bust, honestly.. and I really, really, really want that dragon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ttuckerman said:

Let's be realistic, they always have more models than they show in case the Kickstarter blows up.  

That doesn't mean we can't sit here and lament what could have been. Instead of that second chibi pack we could have had a dragon. Instead of the 20th set of orcs or bugbears in the reaper line,we could have had our second dragon bust

For some of us this Kickstarter was extremely lackluster, disappointing, and uninteresting. So it makes it sad when we see examples of things we ACTUALLY want that didn't get in 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well, hopefully some of these can get unlocked when the pledge manager opens up. Does anyone know how unlocks have worked in the past post-KS closing? I'm optimistic that the fact Reaper is showing off these sculpts means they are planning to add them soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blip said:

Well, hopefully some of these can get unlocked when the pledge manager opens up. Does anyone know how unlocks have worked in the past post-KS closing? I'm optimistic that the fact Reaper is showing off these sculpts means they are planning to add them soon.

Past PMs they've just put them in there & you buy them like your shopping online. Buy now, ship whenever fulfillment happens. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

That doesn't mean we can't sit here and lament what could have been. Instead of that second chibi pack we could have had a dragon. Instead of the 20th set of orcs or bugbears in the reaper line,we could have had our second dragon bust

For some of us this Kickstarter was extremely lackluster, disappointing, and uninteresting. So it makes it sad when we see examples of things we ACTUALLY want that didn't get in 

In Bones 7 the core set will have to be all dragons. All of them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

It's been over for how long now and you're all STILL whining about it? Good lord, go paint something already. 

I'm HAPPY it turned out the way it did, there's a lot of good stuff that I'm looking forward to getting in a couple years, including a lot of stuff that NOT everyone has.

For some of us this Kickstarter was brilliant, exciting, and wonderful. I'm still thrilled with how it worked out. 

Could it have been better? Yes, maybe. I'm still convinced that the negativity all over social media around the campaign actually hurt it. 

From what people in this thread are saying, Reaper may be giving us some extra stuff to chose from when the pledge manager opens, so there's a good chance that you'll be getting those dragons anyway, right? 

A big thank you to Reaper for doing this Kickstarter, @Chaoswolf for all the great pictures from the count down party, and for all of those who tried to keep this thread informative, helpful, and positive.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I just had a thought.  What if Reaper deliberately tried to keep the Kickstarter numbers lower, fully intending to release a bunch of other things in the Pledge Manager to get the total amount to the same level?  Instead of raising, say, $2.5 million in Kickstarter and another $1 million added on during the Pledge Manager phase, they are planning to add a lot of additional stuff in the PM and see more money added there?  $1.8M in KS + $1.7M in the PM is better for them than $2.5M in KS plus $1M in PM, because they lose less money to Kickstarter's fees.  It's (slightly) higher risk because they won't see all of the PM money up front, but in the long run they make more money.

Probably a bit too conspiracy-theory-ish there, but it makes a certain logical sense from a certain perspective (as conspiracy theories often do!).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

I just had a thought.  What if Reaper deliberately tried to keep the Kickstarter numbers lower, fully intending to release a bunch of other things in the Pledge Manager to get the total amount to the same level?  Instead of raising, say, $2.5 million in Kickstarter and another $1 million added on during the Pledge Manager phase, they are planning to add a lot of additional stuff in the PM and see more money added there?  $1.8M in KS + $1.7M in the PM is better for them than $2.5M in KS plus $1M in PM, because they lose less money to Kickstarter's fees.  It's (slightly) higher risk because they won't see all of the PM money up front, but in the long run they make more money.

Probably a bit too conspiracy-theory-ish there, but it makes a certain logical sense from a certain perspective (as conspiracy theories often do!).

Reaper is pretty Kickstarter savvy at this point, and they also have been pretty on point knowing what their customers want.  Not to mention they are pretty expert business people.  So, to me, it seems highly unlikely for them to have made such a faux pas in planning this, unless it was intentional for some reason.   I think the logistical troubles with Bones 5 (and 4) delivery made them think twice about going so big, and I had assumed maybe it was because of the overall world situation they wanted to dial it back this time.  But you make a good point abut them wanting to turn this into more of a Pledge Manager Kickstarter .  It will be interesting to see this one play out. 

• Like 3

@oldschoolfan--thanks. I'm glad you liked the pics.

Yes, Reaper will PROBABLY add more stuff to the pledge manager; they have in the past. It's not guaranteed though.

MOD VOICE:

A quick reminder though: i get that you might find people expressing thier negative feelings annoying,  but they ARE allowed to express them here.

To everyone else: just as you are allowed to complain all you want, oldschoolfan is also allowed to express his/her opinions. 

If you're offended and feeling like picking a fight: DON'T. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2