Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

3 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

As someone who really wants more Reaper Bugbears I NEED to point out there's only been 3 sets of them.

1] The initial singular Bugbear.

2] The set of 3.

3] And the set from Bones 6.

And we still don't have any with missile weapons, not even slings or javelins.

But I understand that not everyone feels that way.

The Reaper retail site has five bugbears in plastic, and nine different ones in metal; only one of the sculpts is available in both materials, though.  (And that isn't even counting the "classic" version with a pumpkin for a head!)  Maybe one of the Bones bugbears was not released through a Kickstarter.  I had not noticed the lack of missile weapons, though; that is odd and unfortunate.

Also, I just want to add that, while I love all the bugbears, for some reason I do not understand I love the pumpkin-headed one the best.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

And it gives us the first Bugbear Shaman in Bones and second female Bugbear for the entirety of Reaper.

I ABSOLUTELY do not want to get into a debate here, but I would like to point out that I, as a human, might have a high degree of difficulty in determining a bugbear's gender without some very thorough inspection. I can't tell male from female at a glance for many species (including both bugs AND bears).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, msfnc said:

I ABSOLUTELY do not want to get into a debate here, but I would like to point out that I, as a human, might have a high degree of difficulty in determining a bugbear's gender without some very thorough inspection. I can't tell male from female at a glance for many species (including both bugs AND bears).

Well, this is a reasonable expectation. You see, that's the problem. It is reasonable. Miniatures and fantasy are absurd - that's why snake women and lizard women have massive gazongas, so that you know they're lady snakes and lady lizards. Bugbears are therefore either mostly men, or somehow are the exception and fit a more logical biology than is expected from our infuriatingly biased hobby 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm just going to say, I find Tonk much more what I'd expect of a Bugbearess than her only other female kin in the line, poor Ferrunk doesn't get enough to eat

image.png.d7c582e8048e183d9647c3259f464c72.pngimage.png.f821f44d9cddbd5e1deae528c555de1d.png

She fits in much better with my Monstrous Monstresses collection, and I'm glad she wasn't the sole spellcaster of the group which is another all too common trope.

I was really looking forward to her from first preview.

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Well, this is a reasonable expectation. You see, that's the problem. It is reasonable. Miniatures and fantasy are absurd - that's why snake women and lizard women have massive gazongas, so that you know they're lady snakes and lady lizards. Bugbears are therefore either mostly men, or somehow are the exception and fit a more logical biology than is expected from our infuriatingly biased hobby 🙂

etuuxpb559f61.jpg?auto=webp&s=0c97f56272

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:

I'm just going to say, I find Tonk much more what I'd expect of a Bugbearess than her only other female kin in the line, poor Ferrunk doesn't get enough to eat

Ferrunk has internalized misogynistic standards of bugbear beauty.  Sad, really.  But despite that, I like that miniature a lot.  Her facial expression clearly says she doesn't put up with sexist crap, and her mace says the same.

And those comics about lizardwomen (is that the right term?) are fantastic.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I'd be very curious how chibis sell overall compared to others. Like I didn't mind them in the Core set for.... IV? Nice to have a few to give a whirl for the sake of trying new things. But I wouldn't have gotten them as an add-on (and didn't when they became an add-on).

The chibis are still in the web store, while a few of the Chronoscope dinos, (clubtail, raptors, and axebeak) are sold out.  So maybe chibis are less popular than dinos? But with shipping issues making re-stock nearly impossible I'm not sure they're able to get a clear idea of what the demand really is, because they can't sell what they can't stock.  

I admit to getting a single set of the chibis in the previous KS, because it is a style I wanted to explore, and like @R2ED pointed out, they are good for practicing eyes.   I didn't feel the need to get them this time, but they must be popular with somebody because, hey, Funko makes buckets of money off those things. 

• Like 5

@InarahI'm a big fan of these KS aets bring a big mix of a lot of variations. Even ones i don't like.  I find having a variety of minis i would never buy or be interested in, but are included in a core set, forces me to try models i wouldn't otherwise try.  For such a small cost, it's an easy way to push me outside my comfort zone. I think of it like those old school sets of cereal boxes that had single serving sizes of like 10 cereals.  Grape nuts? Seriously?  I gotta try it before i know i hate it.  (And i do hate that cereal...)  

Having more options and getting a few underwhelming minis among the 100s i get is minor.  I like that they put a wide array of types and styles.  I do think the more of these KS you're invested in does mean the excitement or sense of "new" has a depreciating return over time,  but overall it's still a great buy and an AMAZING value.  

Go, Reaper!   

P.s. thanks Inarah.  

• Like 7

Someone in the KS comments made a comment about getting the chibi goblins in order to paint them up all psychedelic, and have their players get hit with some kind of mushroomy hallucinogen before encountering them. And I think that's a neat enough idea to maybe try them out. We'll see what else pops up in the pledge manager.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Magnus Brickson said:

Any word on the Pledge Manager yet?  Last I heard there was some issues with the Paypal coding.

That is the last known information.

• Like 4