Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

On 5/16/2022 at 9:53 PM, R2ED said:

I tried setting up that paint club that would get people involved in painting minis together so e could burn through that shame together, but it lost a lot of momentum.  In turn, because i can't paint as fast as I'm accumulating, i need some kind of plan on how to get through it all. 

How do those of you who have the same stacks 'o shame get through it?  I feel like I'm buying more organizer bins to keep fit it all into, which is silly.  I know my limits and it takes me 3 hours to paint to a level i really like.  I even bought speedpaints to help things along, but the quality of the job suffers.  Overall, I'd keep buying if i knew i could get through it.  I just am hoarding.  

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/98166-reducing-that-pile-of-shame-tips-tricks/ is a good place to start

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, what are looking forward to the most from this KS?

Right now? Timely updates. 😜

In all seriousness, the Egg of the Phoenix encounter. I’ll be getting at least a half-dozen copies of it. Second is the Firenewts extras add-on. I’ll be getting a little army of those guys. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

At the moment, honestly, getting their previous 2 KS projects delivered. (Bones 5.5 and Base Boss)  

I think Briarwood Vale will have some nice items to paint. 

34 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Sadly, with no sci-fi, I find myself looking at what is left without much enthusiasm.

Diehard Miniatures new Law and Disorder campaign opened this morning, it looks good. 

• Like 5

As I mentioned earlier in the thread,  I agree with @oldschoolfan about Bobby Jacksons orcs. I'm also a fan of the old MERP look that they have, and it'll be nice to have a nice large group of orcs that look similar without needing to convert them. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I’m really excited for the Fey stuff, but the scarabfolk from Hakir are so cool and different to anything else I have, they are my most anticipated models (at the moment, 2024 is a long while away).

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Blip said:

Well, I can't be the only one who has spent far too long surveying my options in the pledge manager. So what figures have grown on you the most since the end of the Kickstarter?

Personally, it's the little shaman guy from the Waspnettle Lizardmen set. I kind of overlooked him at first, blending in with the others who have a more standard human build, but he has a ton of personality. He's got that kooky Yoda-like quality where you can't tell at first if he's incredibly wise or incredibly senile.

That lizardman shaman is great.  The shamans with the firenewts and the Rotstump goblins are pretty good too, actually.  A good Kickstarter for shamans, I guess.

What is growing on me, though, is the large terrain from Sullenhall.  At first I wasn't going to get the expansion because I had no need for the shrine or the crypt, then I thought about buying the expansion but selling those two big pieces, then I thought maybe I would just keep them.  Now, though, I fear I am rapidly moving towards "maybe I'll paint those first."  The worst part is I don't even know why.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hakir does indeed seem interesting, as do the paints.  Haven't thought much else about the other things yet.  Too many things that are of interest are lashed into the core set, so I'm hoping they get broken out. 

14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Too many things that are of interest are lashed into the core set, so I'm hoping they get broken out. 

I think they did that on purpose.  You know, to get you to buy the core set.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Works for some, backfires for others.  If a good chunk of a set is of no interest to me, I'm not getting it even if there are some things within it that are highly desirable.  In the past they've broken out sets, hence why I'm waiting on such.  If they do it, odds are I'll buy the breakouts.  If they don't, well, my money goes elsewhere. 

• Like 4

On 5/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, Chaoswolf said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread,  I agree with @oldschoolfan about Bobby Jacksons orcs. I'm also a fan of the old MERP look that they have, and it'll be nice to have a nice large group of orcs that look similar without needing to convert them. 

As someone who hates using clones on the tabletop, I back this sentiment.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Yeah. Grumble, grumble.  Out of the ~115 figures in the Core there's a handful I really want.  Well, since the purpose of the KS was to make molds to bring items to retail I guess I'll be waiting to see them in the web store.  Assuming my retirement home has an internet connection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5