Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s apparently fixed now. I was playing around in the PM, and saw the messed up subtotal on the check-out page.  Didn’t check out, but continued fiddling around in the PM. When I went back to the check-out page shortly after 9:00 AM, the subtotal numbers were now correct. 

• Like 1

I got the email, clicked the link. KS funds matched PM funds, so I think that linked correctly.

Added my Core set and Owlbear set. Confirmed it and:

Checkout Complete!

Your pledge covered this order, and your selections have been recorded.

Please remember that we will be back in touch with the delivery cost for this order at the end of our manufacturing phase before we ship your rewards to you.

So it appears everything was working correctly, at least for me!  I'll sure I'll come back and add the new paint set ($1.50/bottle is a great deal).  May add that $16 dragon. Still waiting for prototype lighthouse images to pull the trigger on that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

It’s apparently fixed now. I was playing around in the PM, and saw the messed up subtotal on the check-out page.  Didn’t check out, but continued fiddling around in the PM. When I went back to the check-out page shortly after 9:00 AM, the subtotal numbers were now correct. 

Yes, Kit should have that issue fixed now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Just tried the PM...      

Didn't pick the Core set, though, just a bunh of other stuff.

Item Total: $148.00

Pledge Applied: -$125.00

Total: -$102.00    

huh?

Make sure you are logged in as you with the link you were sent. If you just go to PM it shows the late backer prices.  Maybe that happened? And it adjusted something? 

5 hours ago, BlackCatHobby said:

Yeah I had a weird thing too - check out $84, initial pledge $75, total coming out as -$66. Huh? Same on the confirmation email. 

Same thing, maybe?  Did you have KS or late backer prices when you checked out? 

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Whoo, got my PM email, and got it all sorted out.  Someone mind fixing the scaling of the site though?  It isn't even using a third of my screen's width...  It would also be handy for contents of the sets to be listed and/or showcased as well.

It looks fine on my screen, but I only have 32 tabs open.  I think it's set up for phone viewing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It looks fine on my screen, but I only have 32 tabs open.  I think it's set up for phone viewing. 

Hence the comment about fixing the scaling, as that's probably what's going on in the background.  Amount of tabs open does not change how a site with dynamic scaling loads, it's the programmed boundaries that affect it, and in this case, it looks like it's programmed to only show the two columns for some reason, despite the fact 1440p and "4k" displays (I refuse to call 3,840x2,160 4k,as it isn't actually 4k its just doubled in both directions 1080p) are a lot more common these days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

"4k" displays (I refuse to call 3,840x2,160 4k,as it isn't actually 4k its just doubled in both directions 1080p

Huh. TIL what '4k' actually means.  I never bothered to look it up, always assumed it was more marketing term than technical definition.

I haven't looked into upgrading and researching the current tech because I'm fine with my 720p, 10+ year old 40" plasma TV that still works flawlessly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Magnus Brickson said:

Huh. TIL what '4k' actually means.  I never bothered to look it up, always assumed it was more marketing term than technical definition.

I haven't looked into upgrading and researching the current tech because I'm fine with my 720p, 10+ year old 40" plasma TV that still works flawlessly.

It's off topic, but to quickly define it 4k is actually 4,096x2,160 pixels, while "marketing 4k" (what almost all 4k tv's and monitors are) doesn't have 4,000 horizontal pixels and instead only has 3,920.  Cinema industry created DCI 4k back in 2005, but the marketing 4k sticks to the now traditional (at home) 16:9 widescreen format and just doubled the width and height of 1080p, thereby giving it 4x the pixels in the same amount of space (although you usually see 4k tv's being at least 40" diagonally, because it's more of a noticeable change with larger displays). 

As for the Bones V Kickstarter, I strongly suspect it's going to be paints and gnolls as my first pic, because GNOLLS. ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1

• Super Administrators

A few things to note before a Kickstarter update goes out! 

1: You need to use the email that you receieved (still going out) to claim your pledge amount on the Reaper Pledge manager. If you do not it will show late backer pricing and not sync your pledge amount. 
2: There was a cosmetic and backend bug that was giving more credit than originally pledged, as well as some oddities. (I have been in formed that this should be fixed, and any extreme cases will get an email from Kit) - onlt a handful really. 

Let me know if anything else crazy has happened! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This was my First Kick starter I’m going to wait finalize my order in the hopes of additional items will be added later .

So far, I’m in for Talons of Winterfall, The 30th Anniversary Dragon, Chaarondar the Cruel, and a Core Set. I am looking at adding a Blacktallow Light house might even go in on a few more light houses to use watch towers once I see the actual model and at least one more 30th Dragon before it closes.

• Like 1

Here's our (probably) final items, after going over them with MrBoot. Mostly looking at what will be useful for gaming, with the "Egg of the Phoenix" set as my only "But it's pretty!" addition.

Core Set x1
The Green Griffin x1
30th Anniversary Dragon x1
New MSP Colors x1
Blacktallow Lighthouse x1
Legendary Tales: The Egg of the Phoenix x1
Storm Giant Queen x1
Extra Town Guard x1

Came out to almost exactly $300 even, which is very modest by my usual pledge standards. 😅

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Warlock1459 said:

This was my First Kick starter I’m going to wait finalize my order in the hopes of additional items will be added later .

Aside from the concern of adding more funds later, as opposed to using your existing credits for those additional items, there is no reason to wait to make your order. 

Order what you want now. If Reaper adds more stuff to the PM later, you can make another order (or as many orders as you’d like), and all your PM orders will be bundled into one shipment when fulfillment happens. 

• Like 6