Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

7 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Came out to almost exactly $300 even, which is very modest by my usual pledge standards. 😅

Same here.  Less than last time, but more than some others. I would have pledged more, especially if there was Chronoscope, or more of certain Extras.

Shadows of Sullenhall x1

Briarwood Vale x1

Lost Tombs of Hakir x1

Painter's Picks x2

Legendary Tales: Talons of Winterfall x1

New MSP Colors x2

Blacktallow Lighthouse x1

Legendary Tales: The Egg of the Phoenix x1

Extra Ants! x2

Extra Honeythorn Lancers x1

It's probably too late, but it would be nice if the PM showed the items we had already locked in and paid for, so that if we go back for add-ons or addition stuff we know what we already have. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It's probably too late, but it would be nice if the PM showed the items we had already locked in and paid for, so that if we go back for add-ons or addition stuff we know what we already have. 

Doubly so since it was a feature in the Bones V PM, and it was a handy one. 

See next post

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Just checked, and on mine it shows:

1899904162_Bones6PMPurchasenotification.jpg.cf9a49326baebcc30be1c092172211af.jpg

If I were to make a recommendation to @Reaper_Jon and/or Kit, it would be to make that "1 already purchased" a brighter shade so it's a lot easier to see, perhaps the same shade as the item's title (in this case the same shade as "Blackmane Gnolls", as that white would stand out rather obviously).  And to fix that scaling issue, where it only shows two per row despite having a screen resolution that would allow three or even four.  And center it!

EDIT: Now, as to why I call it a scaling boundaries issue...  Spoilered due to make scrolling past easier (as it's mainly for troubleshooting and to give a better picture of what I'm talking about.

Spoiler

First and foremost, in case this is somehow relevant, I'm using a nearly up to date version of Google Chrome ( 102.0.5005.63 ), so nearly up to date it hasn't even done the green update me button in the top right, Windows 10 Professional Edition.

Let's see what it will do if we go to a minimum width, and what's the narrowest it will allow.

1682038447_ScalingIssueCase1.thumb.jpg.5be10e236211a9d5d773df96c3c4ec1b.jpg

It looks like the minimum width is 502 pixels.

798785480_ScalingIssueCase2.thumb.jpg.8f8c2037c02ee2a1310cd26e3d016127.jpg

In order to get a second column to populate, we need to go to 770 pixels wide.

1946603101_ScalingIssueCase3.thumb.jpg.499d6baab6c4908204eabf38a47f41ba.jpg

At 838 pixels wide we get larger boxes.

1973541195_ScalingIssueCase4.thumb.jpg.18a9a010ffa07c2b9112dc2be28f120d.jpg

At 1027 pixels wide (give or take a few pixels) we get the large boxes for each product.

983150011_ScalingIssueCase5.thumb.jpg.8086696b8b2a750f4d78000f541c3301.jpg

At 1105 pixels (give or take a few) we get the largest boxes for each product.

948296498_ScalingIssueCase6.thumb.jpg.ddec65715b2d047fe914b9d600c0a32b.jpg

At approximately 1283 pixels wide we get a bit of extra space between each row.

766954420_ScalingIssueCase7.thumb.jpg.115ddee4aaffc11a4c73263ddce0a90a.jpg

At approximately 1347 pixels wide, we get even more space between listings.

320317785_ScalingIssueCase9.thumb.jpg.64517364d7a4f3a547e3702bc8acd1b4.jpg1133235081_ScalingIssueCase8.thumb.jpg.5780ad837bd76a246d83107cc6c4653e.jpg

At 1542 pixels wide we get even more space between listings, and now it starts to dynamically add more space until we reach approximately 1613 pixels wide.  Afterwards, the styling does absolutely nothing scaling wise, and just gives more dead space to the right even if I stretch it all the way across two monitors.

The most common resolution for computers is 1920 pixels wide, so we could easily have a third column and it would be readable.  Would be especially readable if it were, oh I dunno, CENTERED as well 😛

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

You know, i think the minis are great this time and i love the dragons!  What's killing me is my current stock pile that i can't get through.  It's limiting me by actual storage.  Not a bad thing to be limited by, and good to recognize a good slowing down (because i can't really stop) point.  

1x Core

1x Shadows

1x Extra ants

1x paint set #2

... I'm really debating that fairy-forest set.  

I also really like the Egypt theme, but i know it will sit and not get painted. 

I just keep telling myself "remain in control..."

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okay, does anyone know how big the Fire Newts are? Goblin or human size?

If they follow 5e size,  they'll be medium. Thou of course Reaper is not an official 5e company,  so who knows. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 12:15 AM, R2ED said:

You know, i think the minis are great this time and i love the dragons!  What's killing me is my current stock pile that i can't get through.  It's limiting me by actual storage.  Not a bad thing to be limited by, and good to recognize a good slowing down (because i can't really stop) point.  

1x Core

1x Shadows

1x Extra ants

1x paint set #2

... I'm really debating that fairy-forest set.  

I also really like the Egypt theme, but i know it will sit and not get painted. 

I just keep telling myself "remain in control..."

Have you really looked at the fairy forest set?

That dragon is just absolutely gorgeous!

• Like 1

So I just put 80 extra into the PM that I hadn't pledged during the KS. Oh well. Worth it for the price and quality!

What are the odds of them adding extras to the PM now? I'm not sure how much more I can afford to save! Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bearsman6 said:

So I just put 80 extra into the PM that I hadn't pledged during the KS. Oh well. Worth it for the price and quality!

What are the odds of them adding extras to the PM now? I'm not sure how much more I can afford to save! Lol

B5 they added the extras about a month or 2 after it went live, but who knows what will come out of this one. I'm hoping they will, of course. So many things they discussed or showed that never made it into the KS itself this time around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Such hard choices. Do I want expansions or do I want core. I will probably add some money to have Sullenhall at least. 

Currently checked out:

• Briarwood
  • 30th Anniversary Dragon

What I am considering

• Core Set  
  • Sullenhall

OR

• Sullen Hall
  • Hakir
  • Denizens of the Dungeon

What is currently pushing my decisions.

Core

Lots of interesting human sized figures. It is missing that big wow model that most of the previous core sets had. Plus it doesn't have too many monsters. I love most of the ones that are included (e.g. lardgulp, wolves, fire newts). I don't need the Sophies, but removing their wings will make nice ladies and I could use the wings in other figures.

Briarwood:

It is whimsical, has a lot of flowing robes and interesting designs. The fairy dragon will be fun to paint. 

Sullenhall

The giant is really interesting. His armour is not perfect (why are the shoulders more protected than the chest) but that is minor. I like the wraiths, they have nice flowing ghostly trails and look hand sculpted. I like the fountain and necromancer. The skeletons (both the heavy armoured and the generic ones) are not to my taste. Thought the bigger ones will work we'll as ogres if compared to Perry miniatures.

Hakir

The scarab folk designs look wonderful. I like the animals offered (crocodile and scorpion) plus Ammut is always fun to have. The mummies will work well as an additional unit to my undead army. The 75mm figures of the gods is were this set shines. They are really good value and its interesting to have them. The current renders look to smooth in some cases, but I know that the final figure will look better in person.

Dungeon 

The wyverns, skeletal dogs and cave trolls are what really pushes this set up. Sadly when compared to others it seems to be missing set pieces. The other monsters are fun and they do look interesting. Compared to the previously mentioned sets, it lacks a wow factor, thought it has a lot of nice sculpts.

Tavern

Too generic and not enough of the fun stuff (patrons, engravings on furniture). The patrons that are there are full of character and would be a good addition to my collection. I also like the children figure (its a ghost, but it doesn't seem Mohave anything that screams ghost in the sculpt)

• Like 4

ive allocated my pledge, but i won't be able to add more till probably august (this is an going to be an expensive next 6 weeks on KS/gamefound for me).

I want to add a second kyle the 30th dragon and second lighthouse, both paints, and hakir at least.

• Like 1